Match play

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all, our course is currently only 16 holes due to the weather. We are playing some matchplay knockouts this weekend and wondered if anybody knows the shot implications. We would be giving 15 shots over 18 holes. Thanks

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are no shot implications - same shots calculated and it just becomes a lottery as to what impact it has in in practice

Note - you will need a statement in place permitting competition over the 16 hole course (revised CoC etc). In the absence of such a committee ruling it won't be possible to play the match over the shortened course.

We currently have the same situation and, if the course is shortened this weekend then match play rounds won't be possible. The situation will be reviewed if it becomes obvious that this is going to be a frequent occurrence.

Thinking about it I think you may be a member at the same course...keep your fingers crossed that they can open the holes over the weekend!

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
There are no shot implications - same shots calculated and it just becomes a lottery as to what impact it has in in practice

Note - you will need a statement in place permitting competition over the 16 hole course (revised CoC etc). In the absence of such a committee ruling it won't be possible to play the match over the shortened course.

We currently have the same situation and, if the course is shortened this weekend then match play rounds won't be possible. The situation will be reviewed if it becomes obvious that this is going to be a frequent occurrence.

Thinking about it I think you may be a member at the same course...keep your fingers crossed that they can open the holes over the weekend!
Hi Duncan, yes we are.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We run an Open winter knockout comp on specific days and it is included in the rules that if the course open is the matches go ahead.

We have a temporary green for every hole on the course and I once refereed the final when it was played when all greens were temporary ones.