Masters Betting

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
All my bets failed miserably. I had a couple of punts on a bunch of players did get x number of eagles and they didn't come in. Sunday morning I put a couple of quid on Kuchar to make top ten at 7/1 and he let me down as well (he so often creeps up on the last day so I thought I might make my money back with that). Only lost 14 quid overall but still. Demoralising. Back to not betting for a while!

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had speith each way, but didn't cover my other bits and bobs.

Biggest hope going in to the last round was Fleetwood e/w, but he didn't even look like sticking around.

Now have £40 in free bets to use up to try and break even. I'm not hopeful!

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Had Rory, Bubba, Fleetwood and Stenson e/w on various stakes. My bookies gave my 8 places so only lost on Fleetwood. Up just under £40 in the end. Happy days!

pinberry

Club Champion
Visit site
£13.50 down on the Masters, but given the £420 win on Poulter @70-1 the week before, I'll take that thank you very much!
A couple of e/w bets came in (Stenson & Bubba) saved me from a total wipeout....played to win big with minimal loses.

My approach, never back the favourites, look for value in the outsiders. I believe that PR was as long as 50-1, but obviously, I didn't back him.

Employed the same strategy and luckily ended up backing Reed. Avoided Woods, Rory, DJ because the odds were ridiculously low. Ended up betting on Mickelson, Day, Leishman, Watson, Noren, Reed, Cabrera-Bello and Pieters. Mickelson, Day and Watson are big popular names, but at least offered decent odds at 16/1. All the others were on 45+ and played well all season, which is why I backed them.

Yet, despite winning big on Reed, golf betting is hard. But made the last round so much more stressful!

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Had Rahm and Stenson each way, plus a couple quid on Tiger to win. Just about doubled my money, but was disappointed that as Stenson was in a 4 (?) way tie, Bet 365 cut the quarter odds for a place further so only just recovered my e/w stake on him!

Made the last few holes more enjoyable given I thought it was clear Reed wasn't going to slip up.

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had a tenner Ew on bubba.

Got 46 quid back.. but with a 20 quid bet and him 18/1 seemed poor.

Think I was doing a Ew bet again I look at the outsiders. But in saying that finau or leishman might have been the only two players with odds over 20/1 and tbh if it's playing it's hardest ie no wet ground and super fast greens it well is only the cream that will win it.

D

Deleted member 16999

Worth looking 4-6 weeks in advance of the Majors and see whose playing well in the run up,
I had 6 golfers all at £2.50e/w:
Kizzire
Spieth
Fowler
Reed
Mickleson
Fleetwood

Got way better odds than the few days before,
£185+ return off £30, so more than happy and even if Fowler or Spieth had won I’d of picked up £80+ as I’d of got Reed at 1/4 odds of 50/1.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well done to the winners.

For future reference let people know your bets before the event, coming on after to post that you won is often seen as poor form.

D

Deleted member 16999

For future reference let people know your bets before the event, coming on after to post that you won is often seen as poor form.
Garbage, you best contact the mods or MikeH and get them to post the forum poor form rules. :rofl: :rofl:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a tenner Ew on bubba.

Got 46 quid back.. but with a 20 quid bet and him 18/1 seemed poor.

Think I was doing a Ew bet again I look at the outsiders. But in saying that finau or leishman might have been the only two players with odds over 20/1 and tbh if it's playing it's hardest ie no wet ground and super fast greens it well is only the cream that will win it.
I only tend to bet 1 or 2 quid on each player, so going each way was just not worth it at all for the favourites. I went with Sky Bet as they paid 10 places, but that was at 1/5 odds, so when I also backed Bubba - he was 14/1 on there - doing it each way would have been worthless.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I only tend to bet 1 or 2 quid on each player, so going each way was just not worth it at all for the favourites. I went with Sky Bet as they paid 10 places, but that was at 1/5 odds, so when I also backed Bubba - he was 14/1 on there - doing it each way would have been worthless.

That’s why I only backed Spieth to win.
A couple of quid each way on a favourite was silly imo.

D

Deleted member 1740

I agree, aftertiming isnt good practice and i think the punishment should be a lifetime ban.

Did i mention i had £18.28 @67.85/1 on Reed to win with billy hills? :whoo: