Masters 2020

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
All this talk of big hitters ripping the course apart makes me laugh. All big hitting gets you is further in the doo doo. I've had to slow my swing speed down over the years as I continually found myself in trouble from creaming the ball too far. I am now happy with my 75mph speed and 30" driver shaft. And as far as approach shots are concerned, I have always felt more confident with a 3 iron or 5 wood in my mitts than an 8 iron.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
All this talk of big hitters ripping the course apart makes me laugh. All big hitting gets you is further in the doo doo. I've had to slow my swing speed down over the years as I continually found myself in trouble from creaming the ball too far. I am now happy with my 75mph speed and 30" driver shaft. And as far as approach shots are concerned, I have always felt more confident with a 3 iron or 5 wood in my mitts than an 8 iron.
Why are you talking as if you play even remotely the same game as these pros? Haha. "All big hitting gets you is further in the doo doo." That's what they said about Bryson at Winged Foot, but it didn't make a blind bit of a difference.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Why are you talking as if you play even remotely the same game as these pros? Haha. "All big hitting gets you is further in the doo doo." That's what they said about Bryson at Winged Foot, but it didn't make a blind bit of a difference.
Clearly you have never played with the Forum Legend that is Smiffy :whistle::LOL:

Humpy

Visit site
There's a photo on the BBC live commentary showing Sandy Lyle wearing a pair of braces to hold his trousers up! And people were moaning about Hatton's hoodie.....

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is a touch of frustration.

Decided to get some gardening jobs done (moving trees) then have a sit down for a long period to recover.

What!! play suspended.