Massage guns

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have one that I use for muscle tightness on my upper back. For a new Injury it would do more damage than good but for an old injury they are good at increasing blood flow to the area. Also very good for a nice massage from your partner too

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you mean an ultrasonic massager. It was regularly used by the physiotherapist I used to go to. As per Hovis, supposed to stimulate increased blood flow to the inflamed area.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Interesting as I struggle with my back, especially at the base. Been told the problem is largely down to tight muscles in my legs so will be keen to hear if there are any positive reviews and what models are favoured

D

Deleted member 1147

I bought one from AG in the Black Friday sale.
Only came yesterday so not used properly. But my PT recommends one for post gym tightness, and for muscle relaxation.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting as I struggle with my back, especially at the base. Been told the problem is largely down to tight muscles in my legs so will be keen to hear if there are any positive reviews and what models are favoured
That sounds like you need to do stretching, hamstrings in particular I'd have thought, rather than use one of these. That and increase general back and neck flexibility. It won't harm but it's unlikely to help that particular issue.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Theragun elite, couldn’t recommend it enough. It’s not a one off kind of treatment you need to use it daily to feel the results and works even better if you combine with stretching but definitely makes a difference.
Battery lasts ages although it doesn’t take long to charge and build quality is fantastic

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Massage gun is on my Christmas list for the wife to get me. There's loads of them on Amazon, god knows which are the decent ones though. My injuries are more football related but I'm always having problems in my thighs, hamstrings, abductors due to osteitis pubis (might have spelt that wrong but it's slight pelvis instability basically so you get injured in upper leg muscles easily). Couple of my teammates have them and say they're great, although they are in their 20s and would probably cope either way, lol.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought one from Amazon.

Deep tissue massager which was about 40 quid.

It’s a superb bit of kit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083NBVP8Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_1Zm2Fb9Q2G7JV

Price gone up now unfortunately. Still good value

Used it on my feet to help with plantar fasciitis which it’s helped with and My Piriformis which helps my stiff back.

biggest win was it fixing a long term tennis elbow that I had. Don’t get me wrong using it can hurt like buggery but it really is superb tech.

Last edited:

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Anyone ever used this on a sore shoulder? On and off for the last 20 years, my right shoulder has basically been in pain. Sometimes it's just an annoyance, but at it's worse I can go for a run and each step hurts.

I did have some brief physiotherapy on the NHS, but the person doing it was so uninterested I gave up after 4 or 5 sessions of no improvement.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone ever used this on a sore shoulder? On and off for the last 20 years, my right shoulder has basically been in pain. Sometimes it's just an annoyance, but at it's worse I can go for a run and each step hurts.

I did have some brief physiotherapy on the NHS, but the person doing it was so uninterested I gave up after 4 or 5 sessions of no improvement.

If you have a person in your house that can put the gun on you I would say yes, it will work.

They really get into the muscle like no bare hand can achieve in such a small amount of time.

Laser guided accuracy and really breaks down that scar tissue and knots in the muscle.

If you can take the pain that is ?

brotherdeal

Visit site
I’ve just bought one from Amazon had it for a week and I can say it works. I suffer from terrible knots in my shoulders not completely gone yet but has massively improved the issue, also used on my quads and hamstrings after golf and it’s reduced them from tightening up after a rounds.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got mine for Christmas as I said earlier. Used it once yesterday after a hard-fought 5k run. I think it's pretty good, really reduced the usual soreness in hamstrings and adductors that I get. The one I got is the Fylina one, from Amazon I believe.

avacarte

Visit site
I love to play golf and caused some kind of injury to my shoulder while playing golf three months ago. I was unable to lift my arm straight forward or raise it behind my back to my head and neck area. I was unable to get a solid nights sleep because the pain would wake me if I moved or shifted even slightly. I had to use my other arm to lift my bad arm up to get out of bed in the morning. It hurt to have my arm hang by my side or if I tried to rest it on the arm of the couch or on a pillow. But the first night I used the Bob and brad deep tissue massage gun 85% of the pain went away and I could finaly find cumfortable positions to sleep in.

The next morning I could get out of bed without using my good arm to lift my bad arm. More of the pain had left with additional massage sessions. I believe the last 15% of the pain was from still healing and mental guarding the area expecting it to hurt with any movement. I wish I ordered it three months ago before I started all the other attempts to fix the issue (chiropractic, pain medicine, joint medication, ice packs, heat packs, excessive stretching, ect., etc.). I also use this to massage achy feet and any other troublesome area now. Great healing therapy!20210223162803.jpg

ElliotOrtiz

Visit site
I've actually tried a massage gun before and it was pretty amazing. It's a great tool to have in your recovery arsenal and can make a big difference in how you feel after a workout.