Marking the ball on the green on your oppo's line?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Surprising its not an obligatory rule to move it, imagine Barnes marking with his beer can (famously) then not moving it, however it looks like the rules could disqualify a player on breaking etiquette but is that just once or is there a stipulated number of breaches.

There is also the scenario that the guy just got you to mark as he gives no putts and you forgot, onus is on you and remember its matchplay which is a mind game, he really got to you as I bet you were fuming the next few holes, maybe thats his way but he hasnt done anything wrong and without being there it might just be how he plays.

@Patrick, forum posts always go off topic but yours has stayed pretty much on it and SILK post was very relevant in my view, harsh response:(

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
@Patrick, forum posts always go off topic but yours has stayed pretty much on it and SILK post was very relevant in my view, harsh response:(

It wasn't relevant to the orig post as i had stated my opp was further away and i was only inched from the hole very obv on the green.

I don't mind topics going off tangent in the Lounge etc, but surly rules questions should be just that answers to the questions put?

SLH bore the brunt, but not the only one to go off the subject.

End of

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
It wasn't relevant to the orig post as i had stated my opp was further away and i was only inched from the hole very obv on the green.

I don't mind topics going off tangent in the Lounge etc, but surly rules questions should be just that answers to the questions put?

SLH bore the brunt, but not the only one to go off the subject.

End of

You should ask for the thread to be locked once you have got your answer then....