Manchester Darby

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any other game and an appeal would be put in to the F.A.The officials running that game should never ever officiate a game of football again..anywhere.I am disgusted. :mad:

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
The referee was an absolute and total disgrace.

As bent as a curly-wurly, no doubt about it, Fergie was even laughing and joking with the 4th official whilst hughes was festering.

BUT.......

I AM DELIGHTED!!!

Man City lost and that makes me happy, I absolutely despise hughes with a passion, he is the most arrogant, classless, self-righteous piece of garbage around since the arab money came in.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
He was a great player in his day and I think given time he'll bring silverware to Man City if he's given the time.

Andy

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm glad to see fergie's replaced mike riley so quick! :rolleyes:

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Everyones talking about stoppage time, but i thought its a minimum of the alloted time(correct me if im wrong) so time can go past the original time if the ref wants it to. And yes im a Man Utd fan and a wins a win.

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As has been mentioned added time is a MINIMUM, "the referees assistant has indicated that there will be a MINIMUM of four added minutes". MINIMUM, ffs. The referee has to add 30 seconds for a sub, and 1 minute for a goal, which adds a further 90 seconds, so a MINIMUM of 5 and a half minutes.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have to say anywhere else in the premiership and the whistle would have gone. I'm guessing Hughes will be in trouble with the FA at some point for speaking the truth. I imagine Bellamy will be too for getting involved with the fan on the pitch.

Mind you Chelsea are catching up in the lets give the home team some help stakes. Keane was fouled and a clear penalty at 1-0. I think it would have made a huge difference to the outcome had Spurs scored at that point.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Don't see what everyone moaning about....the time played was correct.And if spurs had got the pen I don't think it would have made any difference to the score,it was men against boys.

By the way it was a pen in the 1st instance but Keane chose not to go down then realised he wasn't getting to the ball before the keeper and DIVED! Honest then dishonest..

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think ultimately Chelsea would have won but it certainly wouldn't have been the easy last twenty minutes that it was for them. I think Keane was probably a victim of his reputation (has been known to dive) but in this case was caught between a rock and a hard place by trying to stay up and score and then going down theatrically. The point is a foul was committed and the referee should be reacting to that and not the player and his reactions.

Chrimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
Man City lost and that makes me happy, I absolutely despise hughes with a passion, he is the most arrogant, classless, self-righteous piece of garbage around since the arab money came in.

I agree, can’t stand the so and so.

Steve Bruce is another ex Man U player who as a manager I can't stand .... always whining about this and that.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com

I agree, can’t stand the so and so.

Steve Bruce is another ex Man U player who as a manager I can't stand .... always whining about this and that.
The both learned from the best Whinger there is, SAF.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
The referee was an absolute and total disgrace.

As bent as a curly-wurly, no doubt about it, Fergie was even laughing and joking with the 4th official whilst hughes was festering.

BUT.......

I AM DELIGHTED!!!

I thought that the ref was pretty good barring a couple of decisions. He let the game flow and allowed tackles to be made.
The added time is a minimum but, as thesaying goes... you play to the whistle.

I think Fergie joking with 4th official was deliberate to wind up Hughes and it appears to have worked.

I have to say that it was one of the best games i've seen for a long time and a superb advertisement for British football.
You do NOT get games like that in Spain/Italy or any other league for that matter