Mag feature

elliottH

www.golf-monthly.co.uk
Hi all,

A message from GM's Fergus Bisset who needs some help for a magazine feature -

We're looking for people who play a serious amount of golf through the year and would like to talk to someone who manages to fit in a great deal of golf around normal life and how they do it.

How much golf have you played in 2019? How many rounds, how much time on other golfing activities and how do you fit it into everyday life?

Thanks a lot

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not me - now fully retired and when I worked I fitted work around golf rather than the other way round (worked from home for a lot of the day). Weekend golf was the only thing that had to be managed around family life.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The secret is being self employed.
I run my own diary as a driving instructor and can manipulate the lessons to fit around my golf.
Take tomorrow. I have lessons until 12 then a 5 hour gap before the next one.
I can get up to the club, play and be back in more than enough time.
Been doing it 15 years and it ain't changing anytime soon:LOL:(y)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Depends what's determined as "a lot". 74 rounds so far with 2 kids with me n the missus both working full time is quite a lot I'd argue (she defo would)!

Working shifts and not being afraid of the cold or wet helps.....

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Shift work allows me to get my golf in. I wouldn't get away with what I play now if I worked 9-5 Mon - Fri. I'd be divorced.

Then again would that be a bad thing?

🤔

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depends what's determined as "a lot". 74 rounds so far with 2 kids with me n the missus both working full time is quite a lot I'd argue (she defo would)!

Working shifts and not being afraid of the cold or wet helps.....
That is going to take some beating. Not purely the amount of rounds but whilst balancing everything else.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
That is going to take some beating. Not purely the amount of rounds but whilst balancing everything else.
Course being on my doorstep 5 mins from school is a massive help. When I’m off and on dad duty then I can easily fit around in between school runs. Played over 100 times last year. Although 20 were probably made up of playing front 9 after work one day, followed by back 9 the next.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
One of the things being on the forum taught was how little golf I seemed to be playing compared to so many on here 🤨

D

Deleted member 21258

94 rounds since March. No kids but 2 dogs, 2 cats and a full time job. My other half is very understanding when it come to golf.

That's quite alot for only 7-8 months.(y)

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Probably not of interest, but I’m a beginner, and only started in August. I’ve only played 1 round of 9 holes, but I’ve managed to hit 3500 balls at the driving range by spending a minimum of 5 hours a week there - usually somewhat more - whilst also working full time.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think I have played over 200 rounds this year - a number of 36 holes rounds , social rounds , Society rounds , comps , trips and forum meets

Lucky that i work shifts which allow me to play at least 5 times out of 8 depending on how busy the nights are .