MacIntyre chip...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
They've obviously set this up since he's left-handed, as stated - and is that right-hander's club they've given him? Given that it's a set-up, he could have had 100 attempts before getting one in.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
They've obviously set this up since he's left-handed, as stated - and is that right-hander's club they've given him? Given that it's a set-up, he could have had 100 attempts before getting one in.
you could be right why not just play it as normal as he's a lefty

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
D

Deleted member 1147

I think the ball is placed where Kucher finished up one year, and contemplated playing it backhanded.
Though I think Kucher played away from the hole rather than taking on the backhander.

What’s impressive about Bob Mac doing it is that he played a backhanded shot with his wrong hand.

D

Deleted Member 1156

It's clearly just a bit of fun for the cameras. As a lefty he would have taken his normal stance.

D

Deleted member 1147

I think the ball is placed where Kucher finished up one year, and contemplated playing it backhanded.
Though I think Kucher played away from the hole rather than taking on the backhander.

What’s impressive about Bob Mac doing it is that he played a backhanded shot with his wrong hand.
I’m wrong, Kucher did play it backhand

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched last night and the short interview.

Like the man saying it was a a really luck shot.

I first saw the shot played this way by Ian Woosnam at Wentworth many years ago and learnt that most pros will play the shot in that fashion.

I used to take a 3 iron and hit the ball with the back of the club but as my 3 iron was replace with a rescue many years ago I had to learn that method.