Machrie/Mach/Dunes/Dunaverty

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Gents who were away for the few days golf I'm interested in hearing your views/reviews of the courses please.

What did you enjoy the most, what if anything disappointed you? Anything surprise you or were all as expected.

Thanks in advance.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I’ve only played a couple of links courses before (Hayling Island and Princes) and the main issue I have sometimes is visualising the hole.
Normally on a parkland course the green and fairway is framed , so you can see where you are going, while sometimes on links (like the par 5, 12th at Machrihanish) you are playing your third 160 yards from the green without a clue where to go.
As it happens Cake was in front and could see, said aim left of the path, which I did and the ball ended 3 ft from the hole. Birdie but blind luck

I really liked all 4 courses , certainly Dunaverty was the easiest to visualise as it was a short course, but great fun to play and fabulous views. The Machrie was the next easiest to visualise even with a couple of quirky holes, a truly great course

My favourite was Machrihanish Dunes, played very well there and the holes seemed to flow albeit a bit of a walk between some, you could mostly see where to go.

I’d like to play the front 9 of Machrihanish again as I didn’t do it justice, there are a couple of holes apart from the first that had fairly long carries 160 yards and even though I hit half decent drives, didn’t make the carry, and I want another crack at that opening drive.

All the courses were in great condition, can’t fault anything, I’d be very happy to play any on them again, maybe with a tad more weather for added atmosphere