MacGregor "Fat lady swings" putter.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK....so all my old gear is selling like hot cakes in the local rag now they are doing internet bookings for classifieds.

There is one piece I'm keen to find a good home for though, and that is my MacGregor F-L-S putter.

"Bobby Grace has been at the heart of putter design for many years and his designs have been a hit for all that time. The original design of The Fat Lady Swings was in the bag of Nick Price when he went on a tear and won the 1994 PGA Championship with it on August 14. On August 15, Bobby Grace had 25,000 orders and a legacy to uphold.

Grace then took the momentum from The Fat Lady Swings and parlayed it into a deal with Cobra to design putters. Now with MacGregor, he has taken the famous putter and given it a totally new look and feel. The result is a better looking and feeling version of the classic that some touring pros may find in their bag.

Design and Technology
The new Fat Lady Swings has been gutted and rebuilt with all new technologies. We've seen Scotty Cameron do the same with his line of Newport putters, first using a Teryllium insert before switching to the Platinum style putter with a German Stainless Steel insert. Bobby Grace and MacGregor now have pulled off a similar change in The Fat Lady Swings.

First, Grace added Beryllium Copper to the face of the putter. On their website, MacGregor states that:

The strength and sensitivity of an Annealed Beryllium Copper face insert is magical. You get the satisfying "click" of harder Beryllium combined with a face that's 7 points softer than carbon steel. In short, it's solid but soft.

Grace also utilized an aircraft-grade aluminum that allows the deployment of 195 grams of strategically placed weighting. The solid, milled block of 60-61 aluminum is lightweight but sturdy. The copper weights are triangulated in a way that creates high Moment of Inertia (MOI) to resist twisting."

Here's one of the original brochure pictures.

macgregor-06-bobbygrace-putter-fatl.jpg

I can, of course, take a post some pictures of mine, but it's close to "as new" other than the smallest of marks.

It is a great putter and a super piece of engineering. The only reason why I'm parting with it is because I'm sticking permanently now with my Custom Fit Taylor Made.

My Zebra went (free) to someone on here (a gift from GM)
My Odyssey DF 550 went to the charity shop (they got £25!)
My 1970's Ping A-blade is staying in the shed for eternity

This needs a home. :)

It's value is probably around the £40-50 mark. If anyone would like it, I am happy to pass it on for £35 incl' P&P.