Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
he deserves that win after that 2nd shot,what a shot!!!

i do believe rory will be back to number 1 soon enough though,he is just that good.

but it all boils down to the short game and once again luke has proved this,takes a lot of nerves to sink a putt like that and he did it spot on.

well done luke #1

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Please do us all a favour. If you want to throw away money willy nilly at this years Masters just give it to Cancer Research it'll go to a great cause and not line a bookies pockets. Seriously.

I wasnt talking about betting odds, I was refering to golfing odds. Do me a favour mate and leave the bleeding heart vote in the right context, your post is unworthy of you.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Someone had better explain the ranking points to me... how come someone always has to win to get to the No1 spot? are there no ranking points for second? how come second wouldn't have been enough? was Rory's lead that huge already?

:confused::confused::confused:

...and what's my world ranking? :whistle:

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Someone had better explain the ranking points to me... how come someone always has to win to get to the No1 spot? are there no ranking points for second? how come second wouldn't have been enough? was Rory's lead that huge already?

I think its because the rankings are worked out to an average score off events played over a 2 year period and the drop off between 1st and 2nd is quite steep,

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

At the Cadillac, Rory picked up 31.2 ranking points, Luke got 14.82
At the Honda, Rory got 50, Luke none as he wasn't playing
At the WGC Matchplay Rory got 45.6, Luke 2.05

When Luke finished T56th at the Northern Trust Open he got no points -

That's why Rory got to number 1. He picked up 126.8 points in 3 events while Luke only got 16,97 in the same ones.
Now Luke's won the Transitions, he gets another 58 points while Rory gets none as he wasn't playing.

As has been said, the rankings are worked out over a rolling 2 year period. Any points scored diminish in value the closer to the end of the 2 years you get - for example Luke's win at the WGC Matchplay last year got him 76 points st the time, they're now worth 41.31....

The points are based on the number of players in the event that are in the top 100. The more in the top 100, the more ranking points are awarded.
All points are added up and divided by the number of events played or, if they haven't played many events the total is divided by 40 (Tiger for example)
Highest points average is No. 1

Currently ...
Luke - 521.81 points from 52 events = 10.03
Rory - 492,4 points from 50 events = 9.85.

I don't think either player are due to tee it up before the Masters so if Rory has a good one and Luke doesn't, then Rory will be back to Number 1 as The Masters will be worth 100 points to the winner.....

Clear as Mud?

Read all about it here....http://www.officialworldgolfranking.com/about_us/default.sps?iType=425

oh and JustOne - probably around 5409330......... or thereabouts....approximately.....at a guess...........

thelank1985

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What a finish top guy, I was sat on the edge of my seat praying it went in I love this tussle we have at the top with Luke, Rory and Westwood they are moving away from the rest of the pack.

Luke or Westwood to win the masters it has to happen :)

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was lucky enough to see the last day of both golf competitions on sky this weekend. Usually I have nowhere to watch it but I was in a vineyard, in brockenhurst watching it in my parents motorhome :D

We had just got back from a day at Hurst Castle and they napped while I watched. Then they cooked while I watched.

Out of all the ones to choose I think I chose the best, the last day of the US golf was superb and Lukes shot on 18 in the playoff was one of the most amazing I have seen in a long time!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Great approach by Luke at the play off hole but I thought for a moment the putt was going to just miss left as he hit it. Found enough of the hole to drop and thats all that matters. Got a feeling Rose will have a big Masters and hope Luke and Rory are there to make it a 1,2, 3 for Britain

GuitarRich

Club Champion
Visit site
Just watched the approach shot on the pga site. That was an amazing shot out of the rough! I really like both players - looking forward to some good competition to keep the #1 spot! In the end I think Rory will win the war tho - to have that talent at such a young age, he could be there for a long time to come.

Lawrence22

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think Lehman had a single week at No.1

Tiger also had a 1 week stint at number one before regaining it. When you first gain the number one spot you are most vulnerable to loosing it as you haven't built up any kind of buffer. I believe the No1 will change a few more times before the year is out.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Imurg... thanks for the heads up, I practically understand that! :D :thup:

NB: I'm not playing a comp this week so I expect my GWR to slide a bit :whistle: