Low(er) launching shafts

T

thecraw

Has anyone used the Graphite Designs Aura Red shaft before or have any knowledge on it apart from the blurb that's on the web?

I am looking for a lower launching driver shaft and was looking at this as a possible.

Anyone recommend something else instead? I am also looking at a Prolaunch Red and was again wondering am I better getting the Prolaunch Red axis or is there much of a difference???

Whiteboard, Blueboard???? I dont really get on with UST shafts though!

Thoughts and advice are required!

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Re: Low(er launching shafts

Have a Blueboard (83gram X) in my Nike VR Tour and it keeps the ball on a nice penetrating flight. Think this is also alot to do with the extra stiffness and the heavier weight in the shaft. Stops the ball from balloning and gets it out there into the wind. A heavy version of the White board will probably knock the ball down even better.

Personally I think the Diamana shafts are worth the extra money. They seem a really stable platform. Haven't tried the new ones out yet.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Re: Low(er launching shafts

PL Red is certainly low launching and a stable shaft. The Axis version is to the PL Red as the Voodoo is to the VS proto, a re-engineered version with a technically better structure. Whether that means any actual difference in playing is anybody's guess.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have a stiff 9 degree G15 and still hit it way too high, down wind is fine, but I am losing a lot of distance into the wind. Let us know what you go for craw, Im contemplating something with lower launch characteristics myself but wouldnt mind reading others findings

T

thecraw

I have a stiff 89 degree G15 and still hit it way too high, down wind is fine, but I am losing a lot of distance into the wind. Let us know what you go for craw, Im contemplating something with lower launch characteristics myself but wouldnt mind reading others findings

The problem with the shafts that Ping offer as standard are that they have far too much torque if your "wristy" or have a fast swing.

The Serrano shaft has 4.2 torque.

I have just bought an Aldila DVS which while its a mid launch shaft again it has much lower torque. I nearly went for the Prolaunch Red axis however I've always favoured Aldila shafts and that's why I went for this.

I really should have gone for a shaft fitting however I don't have time and sod it, its fun playing about with shafts. :D

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
9 degrees, It was typed on my iPhone using the new app, carrots4fingers.
The only draw back is if I go for something too extreme, wasted money and can't get it up either! (pre-emptive ohh errr missus) I'd say that if you go too far the other way, you would need to increase speed or risk losing more distance than you stood to gain. We all know that the harder you try to leather the ball, the more chance you have of losing all sense of timing.

griffgolf

Head Pro
Visit site
ALDILA NV 75 STIFF
ROMBAX 7Z08 STIFF
DIAMANA WHITEBOARD 73 STIFF

I have used all 3 types of shaft in various drivers and they all have high kick points for lower trajectory ball flights.

Hope this helps

Cheers

griffgolf