low ball flight

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm hitting the ball straighter than ever, however i'm really struggling to hit the ball high. My PW probly goes as high as you'd expect an 8 iron to. Its so annoying because I used to hit the ball really high. The good thing is i'm hitting the ball straight but its really not the shot i'm after. Does anyone have any ideas how i can correct this? Sorry i dont have any videos or pics.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Have you moved your hands too far forward at address, thereby "delofting" the club?
I have a mate who's hands are waaay forward and he hits his 8 iron like a bloody 5.
I don't mind but when he starts bragging that he only hit a 6 iron to a par 3 when you hit a 4 iron it gets on my tits.

S

Snelly

Check where the ball is in your stance. Also, have your changed your irons? They may have a different shaft in them and this can affect trajectory.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
thanks lads, I have changed my irons but this problem seems to have been getting worse over time. I'm not sure if my hands are infront of the ball, I'm not hitting the ball any further than when i used to hit it high.

The_LHC

Head Pro
Visit site
Why is this worrying you? If the ball is going straight you're doing a damn sight better than most people. From what I can gather mosst people would prefer a lower ball flight, I know I would, I hit the ball higher than anyone I know, I'd trade a few yards height for a straighter shot...

A

Alex1975

Have you moved your hands too far forward at address, thereby "delofting" the club?
I have a mate who's hands are waaay forward and he hits his 8 iron like a bloody 5.
I don't mind but when he starts bragging that he only hit a 6 iron to a par 3 when you hit a 4 iron it gets on my tits.

That used to be me, a pro moved my hands more to the center.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Nothing wrong with moving the ball back in the stance, and punching one in. Especially effective in the heather on our course, so i have been told. :D

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Why is this worrying you? If the ball is going straight you're doing a damn sight better than most people. From what I can gather mosst people would prefer a lower ball flight, I know I would, I hit the ball higher than anyone I know, I'd trade a few yards height for a straighter shot...

Some of the best golfers I know hit it low.

D

Deleted member 1147

Is hitting it lower such a bad thing?

I'm trying to stop hitting it too high, so I get a more penetrating flight.