Low ball flight.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I play alot of golf in the wind and my normal ball flight (left to right) is normally high. I need to learn how to hit the ball low.

What is the correct set up, ball position, height off the tee.

This is one shot that I need to be able to play as the wind has too much of an influence in my normal shots. It is the only thing I am going to practice this winter at the driving range along with some wedge work. I am happy to lose some lenght to gain accuracy from the tee.

All tips welcome and I will let you know how I get on in a couple of months practice. :eek:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I play alot of golf in the wind and my normal ball flight (left to right) is normally high. I need to learn how to hit the ball low.

What is the correct set up, ball position, height off the tee.

This is one shot that I need to be able to play as the wind has too much of an influence in my normal shots. It is the only thing I am going to practice this winter at the driving range along with some wedge work. I am happy to lose some lenght to gain accuracy from the tee.

All tips welcome and I will let you know how I get on in a couple of months practice. :eek:

How are you mate.
Where i play its fairly open and nearly always windy.....Mind you i do struggle at times in it especially when im not one for working the ball.....My normal flight like yours is a slight fade...... But what bugs me is when you aim enough left or right thinking that the wind will take it....What happens......It bores straight through it like a bit through metal and ends up 20 yards away from where you were expecting the wind to put it to. :D

Anyhoooo, What i usually do if its par 4's and 5's is drop the driver and tee the ball just above the ground like if you have a perfect fairway lie......Pull your 3 or your 5 wood and swing easy....Ill bet you'll hit it further than your driver as the ball will take off on a way lower flight than normal....A phrase my dad gave me which i always use is "Nice and easy into the Breezy"
Nearly always works for me....
If its Irons your hitting try moving the ball back in your stance and taking more club....But grip down the handle a little....This will stop you overswinging and also keep the flight down......
You'll have to work on yardages though when you grip down...It can mean hitting a 3 or 4 iron for your normal 6 or 7 iron distance ;)