Lost 7 iron!

OMcG

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all,

Played a few holes yesterday afternoon and while cleaning my clubs last night i realised my 7 iron was missing. Thought back and realised i took 6 and 7 up to a par 3 tee box and must have left it there. Was down at the club this evening and it hasnt been handed in nor was it at that particular tee box. Hopefully it will be handed in at some point but not very confident now. Just wondering what others would do in this situation.

Its the 08/09 ap1's and have looked on ebay but no single irons available. I wud imagine playing with another brand or model of 7 iron would be awkward and off putting?

Also considering maybe picking up a set of ap2's which seem to be going pretty cheap on ebay and using my lower ap1 4,5,6 irons and the rest ap2s which would solve the 7 iron problem and i wouldnt mind a less chunky club at these lofts. I do understand there could be issues with lofts matching up though.

Just looking for advice and guidance please. Thanks

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't panic just yet. Whoever found it would have put it in their bag meaning to hand in to pro shop after their round. On walking off the course your club is totally forgotten about and the person goes home. They may not go back to the club for a few days. I know coz I have done it.

OMcG

Club Champion
Visit site
Don't panic just yet. Whoever found it would have put it in their bag meaning to hand in to pro shop after their round. On walking off the course your club is totally forgotten about and the person goes home. They may not go back to the club for a few days. I know coz I have done it.

Yeah hopefully :)

r11john

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

Played a few holes yesterday afternoon and while cleaning my clubs last night i realised my 7 iron was missing. Thought back and realised i took 6 and 7 up to a par 3 tee box and must have left it there. Was down at the club this evening and it hasnt been handed in nor was it at that particular tee box. Hopefully it will be handed in at some point but not very confident now. Just wondering what others would do in this situation.

Its the 08/09 ap1's and have looked on ebay but no single irons available. I wud imagine playing with another brand or model of 7 iron would be awkward and off putting?

Also considering maybe picking up a set of ap2's which seem to be going pretty cheap on ebay and using my lower ap1 4,5,6 irons and the rest ap2s which would solve the 7 iron problem and i wouldnt mind a less chunky club at these lofts. I do understand there could be issues with lofts matching up though.

Played Formby Ladies last November. Loved it, great track 44 points. Got beat by one point. Had a great day. Went on the good stuff around Maghull. Took my golf bag with me. Zip broke on golf bag were I keep my shoes. Got of the train drunk and fell over. This is were one of my Footjoy dryjoys fell out. I now have one good golf shoe. Any suggestions?

OMcG

Club Champion
Visit site
Played Formby Ladies last November. Loved it, great track 44 points. Got beat by one point. Had a great day. Went on the good stuff around Maghull. Took my golf bag with me. Zip broke on golf bag were I keep my shoes. Got of the train drunk and fell over. This is were one of my Footjoy dryjoys fell out. I now have one good golf shoe. Any suggestions?

????

G_Mulligan

Tour Rookie
www.thegolfpsychologist.co.uk
I have found several clubs over the years and gloves, head covers, tee markers etc. and have obviously handed them in every time. This is not like finding a £5 in the street, these are peoples possessions that they use, are expensive, and will probably miss, especially the clubs.

I myself have lost an 8 iron and a wedge and neither were handed in, so much for Karma.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
You think losing an iron is bad. A few weeks ago one of our 4 ball gets to the fifth green and realises his scotty is not in his bag! Went back couldn't see it any where. No panic someone will find it and had it in. Nope. Never seen again!

OMcG

Club Champion
Visit site
You think losing an iron is bad. A few weeks ago one of our 4 ball gets to the fifth green and realises his scotty is not in his bag! Went back couldn't see it any where. No panic someone will find it and had it in. Nope. Never seen again!

Awful, not nice and costly!!! thing is if an irons missing it ruins the set.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

don't take your golf bag with you on the razz? :D

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

give it a week or so, individual irons form previous sets are hard to come by so hopefully it will surface.
After that maybe have a look on US site ironfinder but with shipping and tax its not cheap.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site

Hop :D

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hi all,

Wait a week or so to see if it's handed in. If not, keep an eye on ebay and you might get lucky.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site

I have done this too.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I lost a PW a year or 2 ago, called round both the club I thought I lost it at and the club before, in case I'd lost it earlier than I thought. No joy. Went to American Golf & they got me a new one, something like £30? The grip was different, but other than that was the same club.