Long lasting leather gloves

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Use corded grips myself and I’m also a gripper.
Been using Vice gloves all summer and love them. Lasted longer than any of the big boys, also like the grey top as it doesn’t discolour as much.

evemccc

Visit site
How long does a golf glove last the average user? Either in months, or approximate rounds / range sessions?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably about 5 rounds from new if I didn't rotate them, then I use them at the range.
Thinking about it I normally have 2 or 3 worn range gloves on the go and about 3 new/almost new gloves that I rotate on the course, especially in hot weather. Sweat is a leather glove killer, so rotating them every few (9?) holes in summer helps to prolong their life.
Is this true? Something I’ve never done but do always see about it.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would I lie to you? ?

Yes I find it works well, imagine wearing a new glove for 18 holes on a really hot day, it won't just get worn down, it will also get really sweaty and then it goes harder when it dries up.
But if you rotate 3, for example, so that they don't get drenched in sweat, they won't be affected as much. Definitely works ?.
I’ll give it a go tomoz. It does make sense.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bloody hell. If I get a month out of a glove I’m happy. Might be that I take a load more shots than most people. If I used a glove for 4-5 months it would look like Katie Prices bits!
I don't use full leather ones though. I actually prefer the stretchy mesh ones with the synthetic palms, since the grip is just as good but my hand doesn't get as sweaty. I was using a Zero Friction one-size glove since about February and it's only just starting to wear on the thumb. I've just ordered the Zoom version to compare.

YandaB

Visit site
I'm using Hirzl kangaroo leather gloves, whilst they are a little thicker, they last 3-4 times longer and are great in the rain.