Long lasting leather gloves

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking for some recommendations for longer lasting leather gloves.

I use lamkin crossline cord jumbo grips (very rough) and grip it pretty tight, leading To the thumb wearing pretty quick.

Any suggestions?

Those of you who usually say ‘stop wasting money’ and buy those awful £2 gloves on eBay, please don’t bother commenting

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had the Callaway Dawn Patrol gloves before, they're thicker than the normal Titleist/Footjoy so a bit longer lasting.
The flipside is not such a great grip on the club but worth a try.
I’ll have a look. Using a batch of sci-flex I got when they were changing packaging and they’re better than current FJ gloves but will run out shortly.

D

Deleted member 16999

If you have a Costco nearby see if they have the Kirkland pack of 3 Cabretta Leather in stock.

D

Deleted member 1147

I’ve had a couple of Mizuno gloves which have lasted better than Titleist, partly as Titleist are probably the thinnest gloves I’ve used.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I've had the Callaway Dawn Patrol gloves before, they're thicker than the normal Titleist/Footjoy so a bit longer lasting.
The flipside is not such a great grip on the club but worth a try.

I'll second the Dawn Patrol, been using them for a few years now. Previously, I would put a hole in the thumb and the palm within a week of opening a new glove. A grip change last year has put paid to that. My last one has lasted a year, and I have been playing pretty much every day since lockdown.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have found the old Srixon Cabretta last the longest, better than both Mizuno, callaway and Titleist.

Sports Direct still stockthem, you can get two for £12 or at least they were last time i was in there.

no idea how they still have them the couple of Srixon dealers up here han't been able to get them for ages and are now on the new ones, which don't last as long as the old one with Gold packet

D

Deleted member 16999

Don’t bother, they are crap, one lasted 2 rounds. The Callaway gloves they replaced were far superior
Strange mate, bought a 3 pack before lockdown, used one brand new when the course re-opened and over 90 rounds later it’s still in use.

I was advised a few years back to put your leather glove in a ziplock bag after a round to stop it drying out, no issues with mine so far.(y)

Visit site
Taylor Made gloves are the best and longest lasting that I have ever tried. Very satisfied, and wouldn't be purchasing anything else.......I bought a dozen to keep me going!!