Long game struggles

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
just looked at it. i think if you stand on the opposite side of the mat that will help :D.will tell what im trying. with the driver i got a bigslice. so adjusted my grip and closed face slightly. worked better but i also go down the shaft and take an easy swing. STRAIGHT and at first i thought less distance but after a few rounds 10 yards more.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
It maybe just me but you seem to have the ball position in the middle of your stance....I could be wrong.....
Also in the 2nd video you look a little too upright.
Maybe bend a little more at the hips and your knees and stand a little further away from the ball.....

But above all Wait for Bob to get peek....He'll sort you in no time :cool: ;)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Right, sorted.

steve4.jpg

I think if you look at your right hand it's a bit weak ie the "V" of your thumb and first finger is pointing at your nose, it should be more towards your left ear so turn you right hand a little to the left and hold the club more in your fingers.
Then look at the red lines I've drawn in the stills of your swing.
If you try and stay within those lines, you will become more consistant with your direction and contact
HTH

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks bob mac, I noticed the grip also! Do u know any drills etc to keep within the lines?

Try swinging with the sun behind you and watch your shadow and watch videos of the top players and compare your positions to theirs

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
To help reduce body motion, make some swings with your feet together.

Move around like you do with a very narrow stance, you'll be A over T every time.

Concentrate on turning, not swaying.

Nikki

Head Pro
Visit site
Get two poles... stick them in the ground as wide as those lines... stand between them and swing, dont make the pole too long, as you will get a pole up your nose... About halfway up your torso...

That is a rather crude way of doing it though...

Bob Mac's way is a lot better...

Other way of improving is to stop playing kackhanded... :p :p :p

Just kidding...

Nikki

Head Pro
Visit site
Working on your rhythm will help as well.

Make a slightly quicker backswing and your transistion from backswing to downswing will be a lot smoother. You may aslo feel that you will be striking the ball softer and with less effort.

Nice finish in the follow through. Something I could work on...

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you may be rolling your wrist on your take away. The back of your glove hand is pointing the camera very soon after you start your backswing. I reckon if you check your club face at the half way point going back (when shaft is parallel to the ground) your club face is open. This suggests that you might slice a bit and sometimes pull straight left. Try keeping the club face square to the line you are taking your club back on.