London Region - King Of Kings 2014

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do we need to do anything else yet?

Nope, will sort out maybe a small deposit towards the end of the month but appreciate everyone is probably recovering still from Christmas so might do first week of Feb.

Spoke to general manager and pro yesterday and all still good and tee times booked. Below are the names, let me know if I've missed anyone?

jimbob.someroo
wookie
Slicer30
oxfordcomma
PieMan
sawtooth
sev112
anotherdouble
coolhand
HomerJSimpson
OddSocks
MattyBoy
TheJezzster
Cookelad
RickG
Blue in Munich - probably
TopofTheFlop
Fish

coolhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm going to have to pull out I'm afraid - my wife's arranged a family mothers day event on the 30th and short of divorce I'm not getting out of it.

Sorry to be a pain

Luke

Slicer30

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Unfortunately- I too can no longer make the 30th. The football club I played for in London are holding a reunion match on the 29th so will be a rare opportunity to meet lots of old friends who are travelling over from Ireland for the occasion.

Contemplated doing both, but doubt I will be in any state for Golf on the Sunday.

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

Have not forgotten you! Just didn't want to be too active on this thread too far in advance and have everybody losing enthusiasm by the time the day came :)

Will ramp it up again in March but a quick course report:

It's currently wet, but open on full greens and tees. It's only been closed a couple of times and the difference this weekend just gone after a few dry days was amazing. We played a scratch match against the county on Sunday (I got a half, well pleased) and had no complaints about the course as most of theirs were currently closed!

Adizero's still outlawed at the moment, and will update if that changes.

Speak soon,
James

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Spoke to my teaching pro today as this will likely be my 1st proper round during my swing rebuild. His words were 'The course is ok but the greens are like Augusta... quick!!!'

better practice more putting on the wooden floor as opposed to the carpet haha

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I agree gibbo that the greens are the fastest greens iv ever played on by a mile even when there soaking wet and the course is a decent course but the location kills it a bit by being on the A40, I still like the course though.

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi guys!

Hope you're all well and gearing up for the end of the month!

Course is coming into much better condition now for the time of year and this week the greenstaff are going to start working on 'maintenance' as opposed to 'projects'. In effect that means that they've done the needed work on drainage and bunkers and its now time to get the tees / greens / fairways back up to speed (literally!)

We've had a few pull out, so please can you just confirm if you're still coming down and please feel free to bring along whoever you like? Forum members or not, all will be welcome, they don't have to play in the KoK qualifier if they don't like :)

James