London - outlet / second hand golf clubs

kaqpa

Visit site
Hi, I'll be travelling in 2 weeks to London, Acton and wonder if you can recommend me some tested shop within outlet or second hand golf clubs as I want to buy some gear for me (single hdcp left handed player).
Thanks in an advance for your help.
Pavel

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm led to believe that you can try the clubs before buying at Golf bidder, which is near old London town.

You can check all of their stocks and prices online, also.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm led to believe that you can try the clubs before buying at Golf bidder, which is near old London town.

You can check all of their stocks and prices online, also.
There is no net or practice facility at Golfbidder in Chessington to try the clubs out, at least not when I was there in June but they do offer a return policy (not sure if that's 7 days or longer)

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
American Golf in Northwick Park have a large selection of secondhand clubs and left handed.

Further afield Silvermere in Surrey has their own lefthanded shop which was very comprehensive when I was last there although is some distance from Acton.

I would suggest American golf in Monument but I’m not sure of their stock levels and left handed equipment availability.

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Silvermere is the only place I know that has a designated left handed second hand store. Not an easy trek from Acton though and there isn't even a station that close. Sadly most stores pay a token lip service to lefties and rarely stock many models or options

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There is no net or practice facility at Golfbidder in Chessington to try the clubs out, at least not when I was there in June but they do offer a return policy (not sure if that's 7 days or longer)

You may be right, never been there myself, but I thought that Blue in Munich said that you could try them there.

It may be his old age catching up with him, though......:)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You may be right, never been there myself, but I thought that Blue in Munich said that you could try them there.

It may be his old age catching up with him, though......:)
It may have changed. I picked up my I series clubs there earlier in the year and there is no net or anywhere outside to hit them. That may have changed as there was talk of moving their massive angling stock (they sell 2nd hand fishing gear under some other name if there are any anglers on here) and sticking an indoor net in and they were looking at getting something out in the car park or behind the unit (it's on a massive industrial estate) but not sure how that has gone

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
American Golf in Northwick Park have a large selection of secondhand clubs and left handed.

Further afield Silvermere in Surrey has their own lefthanded shop which was very comprehensive when I was last there although is some distance from Acton.

I would suggest American golf in Monument but I’m not sure of their stock levels and left handed equipment availability.

the AG at Monument is awful for us lefties. To be honest its not that great for normal golfers either!

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
the AG at Monument is awful for us lefties. To be honest its not that great for normal golfers either!
I would appear to have a wider range of left handed clubs than most stores (Silvermere and Banstead being exceptions...)
Maybe it's time for a clear out...anyone want a set of RBS Tour irons with KBS Tour S shafts? My wife would really appreciate me having a clear out!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What ever you do, DO NOT GO to the London Golf Store off Oxford Street! Terrible and quite clearly out to take your money.