London Golfers

Londongolfer

Visit site
As a golfer who lives in London without a car, I've always found the process of uncovering new courses to play on weekends a bit haphazard (is the course easy to get to, transport options, when can visitors play, do they have online tee times available, what are practice facilities like, and not least is it a course I'm likely to enjoy). Having struggled to find anything like what I was looking for, I decided that a fun lockdown project would be to build one. Now that I've got a version of it up and running, would love some feedback and ideas on how I can improve this and make it more useful: https://londongolfcourses.com - all feedback welcome!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Decent site, and as I work in the hell hole full of demons, degenerates and pond scum a.k.a London; sometimes I may go and play in one of hades courses.

Grizzly

Visit site
Being as I am in the same boat - and worse, stuck at the end of a damn tube line to boot - I had a quick glance at this and thought, at the very least that it would be worth an in depth look later. Well done!

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm fortunate that I don't live anywhere near London, must be a real PITA travelling on public transport with clubs.

Your website looks very good though, could be really useful for people living in the capital (y)

sunshine

Visit site
Good site - well done!

A thought: a map of London showing the location of all the courses would look quite good, maybe in the directory or course finder.

Also, it would be good to include nine hole courses. Just in west London off the top of my head I can think of Northwick Park, Horsenden Hill, Perivale, West London golf centre, Harrow. Also Arkley in north London.

Londongolfer

Visit site
Good site - well done!

A thought: a map of London showing the location of all the courses would look quite good, maybe in the directory or course finder.

Also, it would be good to include nine hole courses. Just in west London off the top of my head I can think of Northwick Park, Horsenden Hill, Perivale, West London golf centre, Harrow. Also Arkley in north London.

Great suggestions! The nine hole courses are a work in progress (I have a couple dozen of them to add to the site in the coming days/weeks). Really like the map suggestion for the directory. Will add that to the to do list.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good site - well done!

Is Strawberry Hill still going I used to enjoy playing/coaching there.

Londongolfer

Visit site
I saw a guy with a couple of golf clubs going down the escalator at Baker Street a couple of months ago, but do some of you actually take your whole gear on the Tube?

Absolutely - I live next to a tube station in Zone 1 so it's usually faster (and cheaper) for me to get out of central London via tube than with Uber / renting a car (I'll often Uber once I'm out of central London). And on weekends the crowds are usually not a problem. I actually find traveling with a golf bag way more manageable than the hoardes of people you see on the Piccadilly Line lugging massive suitcases en route to/from Heathrow.

Grizzly

Visit site
Another useful thing would be to link the site to the TFL journey planner so that people could get an easy door to door

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
Not sure if there are any still around but it'd be great to have a list of Driving Ranges in the Capital, there used to be one in Docklands and another nr Liverpool street but we are going back a few years now

GBC

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not sure if there are any still around but it'd be great to have a list of Driving Ranges in the Capital, there used to be one in Docklands and another nr Liverpool street but we are going back a few years now

GBC
You could expand it out a tad. A decent range at Sandown Park. There's World of Golf at New Malden. The only range in the capital I know of is in Greenwich although I think there are a couple of studios but not sure if you can hire the simulators out or can only use it with lessons

sunshine

Visit site
You could expand it out a tad. A decent range at Sandown Park. There's World of Golf at New Malden. The only range in the capital I know of is in Greenwich although I think there are a couple of studios but not sure if you can hire the simulators out or can only use it with lessons

Loads of ranges within the M25. If you think about it, most of the courses listed in the website are in the suburbs, so are the ranges.

sunshine

Visit site
I saw a guy with a couple of golf clubs going down the escalator at Baker Street a couple of months ago, but do some of you actually take your whole gear on the Tube?

I have a little chuckle whenever I see someone dressed for golf (including shoes) carrying clubs on the tube. Often with no rain hood on the bag so the clubs clank around. I always imagine they are looking for a lost ball on the platform.

Londongolfer

Visit site

GBC

Great idea! I have driving ranges linked to courses already (you can search that in the finder tool) but there are also ranges like Greenwich and Chiswick that aren't next to courses. I'll add a section of the site for driving ranges too (and building on that idea, could also add simulators, mini golf, golf shops, etc.).

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
and it you fancy a laugh add on places like Swingers and Junk Yard Golf been to both and they're Fun, with a Capital F if that's your thing, you basically drink and have a laugh....

GBC