London Golfers

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Londongolfer

Visit site
Thanks - this is a great resource! Think Hampton Court Palace has a range too - never been though, so not sure if anyone can just turn up and use it...

They do have a big grass range, but thought it was for members and playing guests. Will give them a call to find out, though. Thanks!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Wow - that's awesome! Definitely the best story I've heard related to LondonGolfCourses.com - out of curiosity, which club did you join? I ended up joining Wyke Green which is very accessible for me from West London.

I played wyke green last year with and thought it was a decent course.
I was supposed to be playing there again earlier this year but didn’t get a chance thanks to COVID

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Let's not get carried away ??

Played it a few weeks ago, I would describe it as a varied and good test of golf in a tournament, but personally I wouldn't pay 5 quid to play it socially, especially the condition it was in.

Each to their own though ?
Only just spotted your comment, so apologies for the delay in this follow-up.

I think Sudbury is a pretty decent course, and would be interested to know which courses in the area you think are so much better?

sunshine

Visit site
Wow - that's awesome! Definitely the best story I've heard related to LondonGolfCourses.com - out of curiosity, which club did you join? I ended up joining Wyke Green which is very accessible for me from West London.

Is Wyke Green easily accessible by public transport? Obviously it's a great course for train spotters / plane spotters: The Piccadilly line runs right through the middle of the course, there's a railway on one side, the M4 on another, and it's right under the Heathrow final approach flight path. But is there a station close by?

I wonder how much the course has changed since it opened to accommodate all the transport infrastructure.

Londongolfer

Visit site
Is Wyke Green easily accessible by public transport? Obviously it's a great course for train spotters / plane spotters: The Piccadilly line runs right through the middle of the course, there's a railway on one side, the M4 on another, and it's right under the Heathrow final approach flight path. But is there a station close by?

I wonder how much the course has changed since it opened to accommodate all the transport infrastructure.

It's about a 20 minute walk from the tube or 15 min walk from Syon Lane station so doable but definitely not as convenient on public transport as say Sudbury. But if you're in West London it's not that bad in an Uber (I usually end up paying £15 each way from Fulham). I actually really like the fact the tube runs through the course too - adds a bit of variety (and makes teeing off on the 3rd and 18th a little more interesting!).

Londongolfer

Visit site
I wanted to say a big thank you for all of the support when I launched LondonGolfCourses.com at the start on the pandemic. Progress since launch has been a bit slow as I've been spending most of my spare time playing since courses reopend but I am planning on putting more time into the website and and wanted to ask for suggestions or feedback (and please do leave course reviews if you're inclined - would certainly appreciate that). Any and all feedback is most welcome!

Some ideas I'm working on: 1) expanding courses beyond the M25 (originally I was only focused on courses within the M25 because it was more manageable but that left out a lot of great courses easly accessible from London) and 2) adding pictures to the site.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wanted to say a big thank you for all of the support when I launched LondonGolfCourses.com at the start on the pandemic. Progress since launch has been a bit slow as I've been spending most of my spare time playing since courses reopend but I am planning on putting more time into the website and and wanted to ask for suggestions or feedback (and please do leave course reviews if you're inclined - would certainly appreciate that). Any and all feedback is most welcome!

Some ideas I'm working on: 1) expanding courses beyond the M25 (originally I was only focused on courses within the M25 because it was more manageable but that left out a lot of great courses easly accessible from London) and 2) adding pictures to the site.
You might want update this: https://londongolfcourses.com/range/playgolfrange As it's 'Big Shots' now. https://www.bigshotsgolfuk.com/

Also, Bushey Driving Range reopened and I don't think that's on your page.