Logo design help

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi guys looking at creating my own logo for a new buisness adventure. Just wondering if anyone has had any success with this in the past and if you could point me in the right direction

Cheers

ThinAir

Medal Winner
www.facebook.com
Have you checked out a website called http://www.fiverr.com ?

Pretty self explanatory, people offering a range of web based services (cue smutty comments!) for a fiver.

My sister is a freelance musician and teacher, and managed to get some good logos made on here, usually get one or two free revisions for the price as well.

Could be worth a look, unless there are some photoshop/cad whizzkids here who may be able to offer you a better deal????

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks mate can always trust a fellow Boltonion to help me out :) were do you play mate?

Have you checked out a website called http://www.fiverr.com ?

Pretty self explanatory, people offering a range of web based services (cue smutty comments!) for a fiver.

My sister is a freelance musician and teacher, and managed to get some good logos made on here, usually get one or two free revisions for the price as well.

Could be worth a look, unless there are some photoshop/cad whizzkids here who may be able to offer you a better deal????

ThinAir

Medal Winner
www.facebook.com
Thanks mate can always trust a fellow Boltonion to help me out :) were do you play mate?

I don't have a club at the minute, but I am in the process of looking for somewhere. I'm practicing up at Chilli Dip and occasionally pay a visit to Kearsley on the way home from work. Looking for somewhere thats good, friendly but not too far to travel.

I have started another thread on here looking for some advice about where to play etc....

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'd be wary of Fiverr, sites like that could get you into a lot of bother. They're renowned for copyright infringement, so your $5 logo could end up costing you a lot more. Anything that looks too good to be true etc.

I'd recommend finding a local graphic designer if you can. Perhaps via a business network? Or if you'd like I could put you in touch with a designer I know of in the north west who does very good work.

Tarkus1212

Challenge Tour Pro
www.johnogauntgolfclub.co.uk
I used to work for a housebuilders and they were often required to provide items of public art as part of planning approval for housing developments. They always went to local art colleges or schools and get the students to design the artwork in return for a donation to college/school funds. I'm sure you could do something similar.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
IT really depends what you want the logo to represent.

Just the name of your company? Do you own a typeface or need to create / buy one to use.
The area and traditions that go with it? Are you in an area with strong ties like the potteries or steel, coal other resource.
The type of business? Do you want your logo to also demonstrate what your business does?

We recently had a logo designed (branding) in work (housing) and the consultation and branding exercise ran up to more than a couple of grand.

What you get you want to stand the test of time, at least for a few years. You will see most companies re-brand at regular periods.