Lockdown beards

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone who has been working from home or furloughed taking the opportunity to grow the old beard? I have sort of done so more by not being arsed to shave rather than a specific plan to grow a beard. After a couple of weeks, it gets scraggly and a bit itchy, so I shave it all off and start again. It is also dark in the moustache and upper facial area but grey under the chin, and blended in between.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have sort of done so more by not being arsed to shave rather than a specific plan to grow a beard. After a couple of weeks, it gets scraggly and a bit itchy, so I shave it all off and start again.
This is exactly what I've always done anyway. Trim to a number 2 or 3 with the electric clippers. Let it grow until I'm fed up of it again and repeat.

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Been growing since April last year. First time ever going past a couple of weeks not shaving. Trimmed it up a few times but probably 4-5 inches at its longest parts now.

Tempted to shave it off a few times but kids like it and have actually said they'd be upset when I do. No rush just now as still WFH.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I did do but it did look a bit straggly arsed. But re the top of my head. It has gone mad, it’s not been this long since comp in 79.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I was job hunting and therefore passed on the opportunity. My neighbour looks like Qui-Gon Jinn, especially when they play Jedi master in the garden.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone who has been working from home or furloughed taking the opportunity to grow the old beard? I have sort of done so more by not being arsed to shave rather than a specific plan to grow a beard. After a couple of weeks, it gets scraggly and a bit itchy, so I shave it all off and start again. It is also dark in the moustache and upper facial area but grey under the chin, and blended in between.
Sounds like the mother in law.

4LEX

Visit site
Get the clippers out for a good grooming sesh! 5 on the beard and 3 the moustache and blend in. Cut the bottom in with a sharp razor and you'll looking like George Clooney in no time haha.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I've twice let it grow to about 3/4 of an inch or so, past the itchy phase. Trimmed and tidied it but then got rid. If I saw someone looking as I did I'd give him a £1 towards a coffee.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Working from home so four days growth max then it has to come off. I only ever had a full beard once, during a six month deployment to the Falklands in 1991/92. Never trimmed it once and after four months it looked a right old mess. Never again.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Went on holiday to Sweden 40 yrs ago and grew one then. Took it off a couple of times when the Dr told me to lose weight.!
Had one for the last 30 years. Gone through the salt and pepper stage.
Now all white.