Live charity golf : rory dj wolff fowler 17th May

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Can’t see much rough on this course, looks to easy hitting into greens no rough/hazards around the greens, not counting bunkers as hazards for these players

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
At least there is some water around the 10th green, the surround at the 9th was bland.
Enjoying looking at Wolffs swing, won’t be watching much longer though.

Depreston

Club Champion
3D object not coming across well on a 2D broadcast ... I’m sure there are some great nuances to the course the broadcast team could do a better job presenting the course rather than having Bill Murray and POTUS charting absolute broken biscuits and the amount of adverts don’t know how Americans cope with that me ...

Now I’m bloody whinging

PaulS

I believe Woods wasn’t very complimentary of the course. Prob one of those courses that is exclusive because of history and membership as opposed to the course itself. Looks a bit like Doral but bland

JamesR

Tour Winner
I believe Woods wasn’t very complimentary of the course. Prob one of those courses that is exclusive because of history and membership as opposed to the course itself. Looks a bit like Doral but bland
Actually he said it’s a great course, but players now hit the ball too far for it.

Bit boring to be honest, gave up after 6 holes, was expect more chat and banter. It was disappointing.

Just come back for a quick look, they seem to be talking a bit more now, but still not exciting.

The course does seem a bit bland too, very wide open. I expected more trees but the occasional shot does look nice, just didn't see enough to keep me watching. I'm sure it's tough around the greens, a lot of upturned saucers.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
First impression of the course was a bit meh but I think it's just not coming over well on TV. The more I saw of it and some of the angles and aerial shots, especially around the green complexes the better it looks. Wouldn't turn down the offer of a game there! ;)
Looks decent to me.

Reminds me of Conwy. Doesn't look that much but smart routing constantly changes the questions being asked.

Favourite comment taking guests to Conwy "The wind's changed direction".

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Enjoyed it for what it was, live golf in the midst of a sporting broadcast drought.
I dont think the tv does the course justice, although some of those par 3s looked great.
Thought DJ looked properly rusty and wasnt overly impressed with Wolff, just comes across as another bomber. Fowler showed a bit of class, and rory is always a treat to watch even on his worst days.
Expected a bit more chat and banter, I think the tiger vs Phil 4ball next week could prove more entertaining. Just need to figure out how to watch it!?

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
1. Fundamentally she's right
2. This was so arranged because all 4 players live within 30 minutes of the course
3. Although it's a charity event it's also a huge marketing campaign by TM. How many well known LPGA players live 30 minutes from Seminole and play TM?
4. Facts are that the girls dont pull the cash in as much as the boys and as this was a money making exercise- sad but true.
5. Fundamentally she's right.

Just my take.......

1. Fundamentally she's right
2. This was so arranged because all 4 players live within 30 minutes of the course
3. Although it's a charity event it's also a huge marketing campaign by TM. How many well known LPGA players live 30 minutes from Seminole and play TM?
4. Facts are that the girls dont pull the cash in as much as the boys and as this was a money making exercise- sad but true.
5. Fundamentally she's right.

Just my take.......
Agreed - as I understand it Rory used his huge presence and influence to make this happen, together with his sponsors. So whilst I agree with her that this is an opportunity missed, I don't see it as inequality as such - just that no-one from the ladies game has stepped up and made it happen.

Is there anything stopping Mel Reid or the LPGA trying to organise this or is it easier for her to sling the mud?

I actually love watching the ladies game, less 'boom baby', more emphasis on the craft so would likely watch it as well. But i'd hate to see this turned into a Golf politics football.