Live charity golf : rory dj wolff fowler 17th May

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
Is this exclusively on sky sports?
I’m sure I saw somewhere that amazon prime had it as well but can’t confirm it

Think that might just be in the US, especially as it seems you don’t even need a Prime subscription
https://blog.aboutamazon.com/entert...-taylormade-driving-relief-charity-golf-event

“The event will stream, for free, to all Amazon customers in the U.S. To watch the live skins competition, customers just need to sign into their Amazon Account in the Prime Video app—no Prime membership required.”

I wonder if a VPN would work... if no sign in to Amazon is needed than I would assume so.

yandabrown

Visit site
Is this exclusively on sky sports?
I’m sure I saw somewhere that amazon prime had it as well but can’t confirm it
I can't find anything about it on Amazon UK by searching Golf in Prime Video but the Golf Channel say it is on Amazon Prime Video (maybe just in the states?)
Edit: Cake beat me to it with a more comprehensive answer

sussexhacker

Visit site
Think that might just be in the US, especially as it seems you don’t even need a Prime subscription
https://blog.aboutamazon.com/entert...-taylormade-driving-relief-charity-golf-event

“The event will stream, for free, to all Amazon customers in the U.S. To watch the live skins competition, customers just need to sign into their Amazon Account in the Prime Video app—no Prime membership required.”

I wonder if a VPN would work... if no sign in to Amazon is needed than I would assume so.
Care to explain a vpn?

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
Care to explain a vpn?

It is a way of routing your internet connection via a server in another country so that it looks like you are based there... in this instance making Amazon think you are sitting in the US, rather than the UK so that they let you watch the golf.
my assumption is that Sky will have insisted on exclusivity in the UK so Amazon won’t show it to someone they think is in the UK.

It stands for ‘Virtual Private Network’, but that doesn’t really explain what it does.

sussexhacker

Visit site
It is a way of routing your internet connection via a server in another country so that it looks like you are based there... in this instance making Amazon think you are sitting in the US, rather than the UK so that they let you watch the golf.
my assumption is that Sky will have insisted on exclusivity in the UK so Amazon won’t show it to someone they think is in the UK.

It stands for ‘Virtual Private Network’, but that doesn’t really explain what it does.
Can you make that work on a phone?

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
Can you make that work on a phone?

I guess so - I use a paid for version (NordVPN) which works well as an app on my iPad, so assume it would work on a phone. There are free options (and probably website portals that you could go through), but I would think there is a fair amount of risk to your security going down that route, so try to get a recommendation from someone you trust.

Edit: Ha - now that @Traminator has posted a suggestion it looks like I’m suggesting he’s not trustworthy!! :ROFLMAO:

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I guess it depends if Amazon uses your account details or ip address to decide what to show you.
I use surfshark as a vpn. It works well enough for a bit of golf channel, not sure I'd trust it with my life though!

I don't think I'd use a free vpn for fear of catching something or just horrible service. They're free for a reason...

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
I guess it depends if Amazon uses your account details or ip address to decide what to show you.
I use surfshark as a vpn. It works well enough for a bit of golf channel, not sure I'd trust it with my life though!

I don't think I'd use a free vpn for fear of catching something or just horrible service. They're free for a reason...

Yeah - I didn’t read the blog I quoted closely enough... you still need to log into the Amazon app, you just don’t need to have a Prime subscription. So they quite probably will still know you are based in the UK.