Lincolnshire/Skegness Golf

Visit site
My golf partners and i are going for our second annual Lincs Links championship in sunny Skegness. Last year we played North Shore twice and Sandilands. We want to play the courses again but ideally would like to play another similarly priced course rather than double up.

Any suggestions?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
For Links golf, they're about the only two worth playing IMO. I can recommend plenty of top quality inland courses worth playing, but it sounds like you're looking exclusively for links?

D

Deleted member 1147

Is Seacroft in that area?
I've heard good things about there in the past.

Visit site
Seacroft is a bit too expensive. Links is preferred but we probably would go inland for a decent course. Anyway, I guess it's always good to have an inland backup course if the weather looks a bit mad !

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Boston's old course (www.bostongc.co.uk) is a great, old, inland course and not too far from the Skegness Area.

The one I would recommend above all else though is Belton Park (www.beltonpark.co.uk) in Grantham. A bit further away from the coast, but right by the A1 so you could do it on the day you're leaving etc..if you're heading that way. A bit pricier at £40ish a round, but outside of the Hotchkin at Woodhall Spa it's the best inland course in the County, by a LONG way.

dazlight

Club Champion
www.eclipseflooring.co.uk
Going on holiday to butlins Skegness and looking to play a couple of courses with my Dad. He's only played 9 holes before with the Oap golf club he's in. So looking for a flattish course or one with buggies.

Anyone played these and what do you think of them.

Sandilands
North shore
Addlethorpe

Cheers
Daz

noble78

Head Pro
Visit site
My golf partners and i are going for our second annual Lincs Links championship in sunny Skegness. Last year we played North Shore twice and Sandilands. We want to play the courses again but ideally would like to play another similarly priced course rather than double up.

Any suggestions?

I'm a member at Seacroft, how many of you are playing? I could have a word and see if they can do some sort of deal?
There isn't many more in the skegy area, there's other courses in the area but not links.
You could try Woodthorpe hall gc, Boston gc, Boston west gc, spalding gc, kenwick park, there's plenty more.

noble78

Head Pro
Visit site
Going on holiday to butlins Skegness and looking to play a couple of courses with my Dad. He's only played 9 holes before with the Oap golf club he's in. So looking for a flattish course or one with buggies.

Anyone played these and what do you think of them.

Sandilands
North shore
Addlethorpe

Cheers
Daz
Not played sandilands but been told its very boring.
Northshore: good course, part parklands and part links.
Addlethorpe: shut down and is for sale, not a good course though, not looked after enough - only 9 holes too

tyke

Head Pro
Visit site
If you are looking for Links Golf then Seacroft is your ONLY option, absolute quality and a real test for any standard of golfer.
North Shore is OK, half Links and half Parkland.
Sandilands, NO NO NO, give it a Miss.
Two good inland courses not to far from Skeggy are Kenwick Park and Louth Golf Club, but Boston old course is not a bad shout either.

D

Deleted member 17920

If you are looking for Links Golf then Seacroft is your ONLY option, absolute quality and a real test for any standard of golfer.
North Shore is OK, half Links and half Parkland.
Sandilands, NO NO NO, give it a Miss.
Two good inland courses not to far from Skeggy are Kenwick Park and Louth Golf Club, but Boston old course is not a bad shout either.

Just out of interest tyke why do you say no to sandilands. It's not that bad!. I think it's a touch overpriced.

North shore is in my book equal to sandilands.

For dazlight if you are on a budget and seacroft is ott then get down to Boston or Boston West. Also there is a 9 hole course at kirton Holme. If you want cheap and cheerful try woodthorpe hall it's 30 mins from skeggy.

tyke

Head Pro
Visit site
Just out of interest tyke why do you say no to sandilands. It's not that bad!. I think it's a touch overpriced.

North shore is in my book equal to sandilands.

For dazlight if you are on a budget and seacroft is ott then get down to Boston or Boston West. Also there is a 9 hole course at kirton Holme. If you want cheap and cheerful try woodthorpe hall it's 30 mins from skeggy.
Have played it twice now and just didn't like it, found many of the holes very samey and boring, and the overall condition of the course was not that good. Would'nt say it was pricey though, you can play in the height of summer for £16 a round. Just not my cup of tea really and i love true Links golf.
Kirton Holme is a good shout though, one of if not the best 9 hole course i have played.
I see your from Lincoln where do you play mate?

D

Deleted member 17920

I play at Woodhall Spa.

Played sandilands last year and they wanted £34 for a bank holiday told them they needed to do me a deal or I would go elsewhere so didn't note the £16 green fee. I don't think it's a links course like they claim but it's ok. Nothing special.

Havent played kirton for a few years but it's not too bad. In Lincolnshire we are spoilt for choice.

Didnt realise addlethorpe had shut like some poster commented. Knew owmby had shut.

tyke

Head Pro
Visit site
I play at Woodhall Spa.

Played sandilands last year and they wanted £34 for a bank holiday told them they needed to do me a deal or I would go elsewhere so didn't note the £16 green fee. I don't think it's a links course like they claim but it's ok. Nothing special.

Havent played kirton for a few years but it's not too bad. In Lincolnshire we are spoilt for choice.

Didnt realise addlethorpe had shut like some poster commented. Knew owmby had shut.
Woodhall Spa, lucky you, i've played it twice this year and love the place.
Unfortunately there are more and more of the smaller courses going under, i believe Martin Moor is no longer with us either :(
If you ever need a partner for an invitation day or am/am don't hesitate to get in touch:):)

D

Deleted member 17920

If you want to come for a game then we can sort it. It will have to be August as the whole of July is booked for me as I have a 10 days golfing in Scotland. Did you play the hotchkin or the bracken?

D

Deleted member 17920

And you was right about Martin moor as that closed in march I believe.

tyke

Head Pro
Visit site
If you want to come for a game then we can sort it. It will have to be August as the whole of July is booked for me as I have a 10 days golfing in Scotland. Did you play the hotchkin or the bracken?

Would most definately be up for a game anytime thanks, played both courses, both excellent in different ways.
You'll love golfing in Scotland, being married to a Scottish Lassie i have played a lot of golf north of the border.

D

Deleted member 17920

Ok, I will sort a game out when I am back from Scotland. Go up for a weeks open been doing it for 5 years love it. Love Scotland for golf.