Limited PGA championship coverage this week

Trini swinger

Medal Winner
Visit site
I see that the PGA Championship will only show 6 hours coverage on Thursday and Friday. I thought that was just us being limited here in Trinidad, but I see it's the same back in the UK with sky sports and the USA.I thought they used to show over 10 hours plus on the first two days. Anyone else think this is less coverage than in previous years ( I'm not including red button coverage to watch select groups or holes etc..)?

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Not sure, I thought it was just Augusta that put silly restrictions on how much live golf could be shown on the first 2 days. Not sure if Sky ever did show over 10 hours on the first 2 days of the PGA.

Mind you, having said that I see that are just showing the official films of the previous tournaments instead of live golf for a few hours before they broadcast live, so you'd kind if think they would show the live golf if they could.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Looking at the tv guide I think there will be more hours of the women's British Open on TV than will be on the box for the USPGA (& that's not a bad thing given the time difference)

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking at the tv guide I think there will be more hours of the women's British Open on TV than will be on the box for the USPGA (& that's not a bad thing given the time difference)

The womens open is only on for 8 hours over the first two days compared to the 12 for the USPGA. And then only on for 8 hours 40 mins over the weekend compared to the 16 hours for the PGA.

Over all I don't think 28 hours of live golf is bad, obviously there isn't going be as much coverage as the Open the other week but that's because Sky isn't the host broadcaster.

Edit: I see that the Womens open continues on the red button for about an hour and a half each day. So about 20 hours total for the week.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

With the tee groups they have picked you can see exactly what they have done and why

They have put all the top players together in groups ( obviously they always do with the three major winners ) so that they can have sole focus on those groups regardless of the scores they have or others - that's the US way of telly coverage that started when they focused on Woods.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The womens open is only on for 8 hours over the first two days compared to the 12 for the USPGA. And then only on for 8 hours 40 mins over the weekend compared to the 16 hours for the PGA.

Over all I don't think 28 hours of live golf is bad, obviously there isn't going be as much coverage as the Open the other week but that's because Sky isn't the host broadcaster.

Edit: I see that the Womens open continues on the red button for about an hour and a half each day. So about 20 hours total for the week.

Lucky me then, I've got 16 hours of the British Open and 12 of the USPGA :D
(not counting highlights/replays shows of either)

But only 9hrs & 10hrs over the weekend :(

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Got in from work and switched on only to find they'd pulled the afternoon coverage of the womens British Open and replaced it with the PGA coverage of the morning 'marque' group (the one where you just see those three players)

Got to say I wish they'd left the ladies golf on rather than footage of Day clearing his nose or a petulant Rory giving up on the greens!