Lie Angle

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's what I feared somebody might say. At a mizuno fitting I was 2 up and at titleist standard. Whist I got titleist irons if I want mizuno wedges I didn't know whether to go standard as is my irons or the 2 up

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
That's what I feared somebody might say. At a mizuno fitting I was 2 up and at titleist standard. Whist I got titleist irons if I want mizuno wedges I didn't know whether to go standard as is my irons or the 2 up

As a rough guide, because Americans tend to be taller than Japanese, the starting lies for American manufactured clubs tend to be more upright than the same club from a Japanese manufacturer, as your fitting proves.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
As a rough guide, because Americans tend to be taller than Japanese, the starting lies for American manufactured clubs tend to be more upright than the same club from a Japanese manufacturer, as your fitting proves.
This is not much of a guide since the lie angle of the club depends on the wrist to floor measurement of the individual. I am 5' 11½" and have two mates 6' 3" & 5' 7". My wrist to floor measurement is less than both of them, which is why I need a lie angle 3° flat. The only sure way is to have your lie angles checked dynamically with a board or impact tape. It's easy enough to change with forged clubs & even cast clubs will move a couple of degrees.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's a guide to the "standard"lies of different manufacturers.
2°up on, say, a Mizuno may equal standard on a Ping ......
Standard spec of most clubs is available online or from the manufacturer, and they can be very different

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
It's a guide to the "standard"lies of different manufacturers.
2°up on, say, a Mizuno may equal standard on a Ping ......
Standard spec of most clubs is available online or from the manufacturer, and they can be very different

Well, you got it & the OP got it, but you can't help all of the people all of the time……… :rolleyes: