LET nightime golf

U

User62651

Watching ladies golf on Sky.

It's dark.

No spectators, massive waste of electricity, horrible watch on TV with massive dark shadows and general gloom.

Why not just play in daytime? ?

Hercules

Visit site
Trying to do something different. Lights would be on anyway for punters to play if the LET weren't there. I think it's interesting to see but agree it hasn't really managed to hold my attention.

Night golf is fun though. Not something I'd want to do often but well worth it if you have the opportunity.
Yes good fun but issues with shadows

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Possible combination of watching on a tablet and dodgy eyesight but once the ball comes down to light level I find it hard to follow it.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The greens look like astro turf in the lights. Only watching because Meghan is in the running. A couple of horrible 3 putts may cost her though.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
The greens look like astro turf in the lights. Only watching because Meghan is in the running. A couple of horrible 3 putts may cost her though.
How come you ‘like’ her? Can’t think of the right way to ask the question

sunshine

Visit site
Why play in the evening? More people watch tv in the evening so a larger audience. I mentioned this on the other thread but it's a great idea to try something different and reach more people.

Massive waste of electricity? Maybe, but Dubai has a huge surplus of electricity that would be wasted if not used to light things up. They love bright lights in Dubai, my dad told me it's partly a by-product of the de-salination plants.

From what I've seen, the women seem to keep it much straighter than the men off the tee, so this night time golf is probably more suited to a female event. If I was playing they would need floodlights in the trees, but then again they wouldn't need to light up the fairways for me :ROFLMAO:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
How come you ‘like’ her? Can’t think of the right way to ask the question

She's a member at our place. As was her Mum until recently, her Dad and younger sister. David got a job at the JCB place so Mary moved to Trentham - now he's moved to somewhere in Kent!

eddie_1878

Visit site
I usually like watching ladies golf, I find it more relatable than the men’s game if that makes sense!?

This is horrendous to watch though. I have a similar feeling with F1 at night, there’s something very off about it.

Would happily play it mind.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
She's a member at our place. As was her Mum until recently, her Dad and younger sister. David got a job at the JCB place so Mary moved to Trentham - now he's moved to somewhere in Kent!

Is this the young lady who uses a trolley and seems not to have a caddy?
I was rooting for her. I just liked the thought that she had the confidence to make her own decisions and didn't need a caddy.
Like Trevino said, "I only want to know how far it is. No way does a caddy tell me what club to hit" or similar.
Or maybe she can't afford it.
Anyway, I wanted her to win.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is this the young lady who uses a trolley and seems not to have a caddy?
I was rooting for her. I just liked the thought that she had the confidence to make her own decisions and didn't need a caddy.
Like Trevino said, "I only want to know how far it is. No way does a caddy tell me what club to hit" or similar.
Or maybe she can't afford it.
Anyway, I wanted her to win.

Yes that's Meghan although not seen her without a caddy before. Her Dad and sister have caddied in the past. Shame her putting let her down. Has always been a strength but noticed she had changed putter and grip so has been searching for something. Previous 2 rounds she putted great. She said she feels pretty sick but also positive she belongs out there with a #growthroughwhatyougothrough

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Commentator said she's already mentioned having the yips unfortunately, that was sadly clear watching her dribbling the putts over the back 9.

She'll find a way to get over that hopefully ?

It's weird as so long has been a strength. Never been the longest hitter but putting was amazing. This game messes with your head for sure.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yes that's Meghan although not seen her without a caddy before. Her Dad and sister have caddied in the past. Shame her putting let her down. Has always been a strength but noticed she had changed putter and grip so has been searching for something. Previous 2 rounds she putted great. She said she feels pretty sick but also positive she belongs out there with a #growthroughwhatyougothrough

Wondered who she was and why she was the only one without a caddy. I guess at times when you've missed a few putts and the stroke isn't feeling good that's where a bag person can be a shoulder to cry on or give you a piece of advice and get your head straight(er)