Lessons

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Starting lessons once a little injury has cleared up.

In your opinion, would I be better off having lessens regularly and often, or having a gap between to work on things I've been taught?

I've seen people saying if you have them too often half of what you're taught gets forgotten as it's too much information at once

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think it depends what you're trying to achieve. If you're looking for a fix a specific fault that's crept in then a one off may suffice. If you're looking for a bigger swing change it'll be better served by a number of lessons. Speak to your pro and discuss what you're looking for. I did use to have lessons regularly and for me, I found having a lesson, then hitting the range for a couple of sessions helped ingrain the changes. I'd then go out and play and then give my pro some feedback. Similarly if I'm hitting balls after a lesson and I'm struggling I'll go back and ask him to have a five minute look and see what's not working

Homer

Visit site
I think it depends what you're trying to achieve. If you're looking for a fix a specific fault that's crept in then a one off may suffice. If you're looking for a bigger swing change it'll be better served by a number of lessons. Speak to your pro and discuss what you're looking for. I did use to have lessons regularly and for me, I found having a lesson, then hitting the range for a couple of sessions helped ingrain the changes. I'd then go out and play and then give my pro some feedback. Similarly if I'm hitting balls after a lesson and I'm struggling I'll go back and ask him to have a five minute look and see what's not working

And none of that worked!

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site

I'm a beginner so I'll need quite a bit. Only really have evenings and weekends free so may have to use some holidays so trying to get a rough idea if it's possible to go through pro or if I'll have to pay a little more and go to a driving range where they'll be open later.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm a beginner so I'll need quite a bit. Only really have evenings and weekends free so may have to use some holidays so trying to get a rough idea if it's possible to go through pro or if I'll have to pay a little more and go to a driving range where they'll be open later.
The longer evenings are coming soon (already light until 6.00pm) so you may be able to get evening lessons in daylight with your pro. I'd ask around for who has a good teaching reputation locally and then see if they do any deals for a block of lessons

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
The longer evenings are coming soon (already light until 6.00pm) so you may be able to get evening lessons in daylight with your pro. I'd ask around for who has a good teaching reputation locally and then see if they do any deals for a block of lessons

Club pro is supposed to be good but I won't get to the club until about 620 at the very earliest with work