Lesson learned

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Never let anyone hit your clubs! Let a friend hit my old trusty 910 which is still, sorry was in pristine Nick after 3 years. Now the proud owner of a huge sky mark:angry: fuming is putting it lightly and the sorry did not suffice. My own fault I know. Any tips on restoring the crown? Would not say it is gauged just marked the paint.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Never let anyone hit your clubs! Let a friend hit my old trusty 910 which is still, sorry was in pristine Nick after 3 years. Now the proud owner of a huge sky mark:angry: fuming is putting it lightly and the sorry did not suffice. My own fault I know. Any tips on restoring the crown? Would not say it is gauged just marked the paint.

That's bad news mate. Hope you can get it fixed

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

If it's just a scuff and not broken through the paint you could try a fine abrasive liquid. Not Cif, but something used in Auto repair or detailing.

I had a blemish free 910 as well until my non-golfing lad had a go with it at the range. It's not enough to make sure the tee isn't too high because he came down so steep in an effort to muller the ball that the crown was facing the target.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think the first thing I did was scuff the top of my first new driver.

Just cleaned it up and penned it in with a black marker. Had to really look for it, the main idea was to stop it being a distraction at address.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I feel your pain, the only roof Mark on my driver was made by someone at the range who asked to have a few hits and didn't even tell me hed scuffed it!

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
There's no way would I let anyone try my clubs. If it's not gone thought the paint use T-Cut with care, followed by a good car wax. Have done it with an old second hand club I got the lad came up like new.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Feel your pain.
I was playing with a brand new driver one day, first time out with it.
Somebody hit their tee shot and stepped backwards to admire it without looking where they were going and stood right on the head of my new club.
Massive great crunch and a big gouge mark out of it as his spikes made contact.
I was really annoyed. It was a soft spike course as well.
:angry:

Foliage Finder

Head Pro
Visit site
Feel your pain.
I was playing with a brand new driver one day, first time out with it.
Somebody hit their tee shot and stepped backwards to admire it without looking where they were going and stood right on the head of my new club.
Massive great crunch and a big gouge mark out of it as his spikes made contact.
I was really annoyed. It was a soft spike course as well.
:angry:

Just recoiled from the screen at the thought of this happening. At least the crunch wasn't the clubhead imploding, car-crusher style.

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys will be nipping to halfords today:thup: Smiffy you poor soul! That made me cringe at the the thought, I am sure the rest of the round was a blast. . This was a good friend of mine and I could barely talk to him!:mad:

Markw

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys will be nipping to halfords today:thup: Smiffy you poor soul! That made me cringe at the the thought, I am sure the rest of the round was a blast. . This was a good friend of mine and I could barely talk to him!:mad:

you can get small bottle of the Autoglym super resin polish, it really is good stuff, apply with a polishing cloth and concentrate on the affected area then go over the whole crown, will be super shiny!

DCB

Visit site
If it's just a scuff and not broken through the paint you could try a fine abrasive liquid. Not Cif, but something used in Auto repair or detailing.

Agree with this, you may well have something on the shelf in the shed or garage that will help take the scuff out. The give the whole head a good polish and it should be a lot better.