left wrist

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
im a right handed golfer,just wanted to know how important is it to have a flat left wrist at the top of the back swing,just started to have lessons again and mine seems to be slightly cupped, instructor never mentioned it,anyone know ?

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
You'll hear many opinions form people with relatively low handicaps.

I'd trust your pro, and take one thing at a time. The main point in the swing is impact, just look at the people who have varying degrees of disabilities or mobility restrictions in their limbs.

If you want a textbook swing, yes 'they' say it should be flat in plane. But if its cupped and you hit the shot you planned every time, who cares what it looks like at the top.

I have a lovely flat wrist at the top, but when I impact the ball anything can happen. Just stick with your pro, and take the advice on here with caution as it might affect what the pro has planned for your development.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
You'll hear many opinions form people with relatively low handicaps.

I'd trust your pro, and take one thing at a time. The main point in the swing is impact, just look at the people who have varying degrees of disabilities or mobility restrictions in their limbs.

If you want a textbook swing, yes 'they' say it should be flat in plane. But if its cupped and you hit the shot you planned every time, who cares what it looks like at the top.

I have a lovely flat wrist at the top, but when I impact the ball anything can happen. Just stick with your pro, and take the advice on here with caution as it might affect what the pro has planned for your development.

I'd agree with that too, but with a reserve, if you've already got a decent swing and hit the shots you want then don't change... but if your swing is pants then look towards what is considered more appropriate. It would be the same if you hit great shots with a really weak grip.. don't change if you're happy.