Left hand low putting grip

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi folks,

I'm after some advice on the best way to hold the putter when going left hand low. I've been switching back and forth between left and right hand low for a while but have recently settled on left hand low for everything other than long lag putts.

However, I feel a bit like my right hand is still way too dominant. I'm currently gripping the club with the hands close together and my right index finger overlapping the middle, ring and little fingers of my left hand. Both thumbs running straight down the grip.

My putting is definitely better than it was (33 and 32 putts in my two rounds at the weekend) which I think is down to holing all but one three footer over the weekend, however I don't feel like I'm striking the putt quite so solidly as the range gets longer and I'm guessing the right hand domination could be the cause.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Seems to me that it's really just a case of finding the combo that make YOU most comfortable (mainly in your head)!

I've never been able to get comfy with LHL (physically), even though I can feel how it improves the pendulum action!

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah I fear it is pyschological (like most other parts of the bloody game)!

I can definitely see the benefit in terms of the roll of the ball and the results so maybe it's just a case of persevering until it feels natural.

Definitely interested to hear if anyone has any particular tips though.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I too am left hand low but a little different to yours as my right hand is on the grip and left fingers overlap. Might try your version though as still sometimes feel the right hand is still too dominant.

Something I have played with and might help you is to take the right thumb off the grip and lightly fold it atop the left thumb/thumb pad?

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I too am left hand low but a little different to yours as my right hand is on the grip and left fingers overlap. Might try your version though as still sometimes feel the right hand is still too dominant.

Something I have played with and might help you is to take the right thumb off the grip and lightly fold it atop the left thumb/thumb pad?

Like the sound of that, will give it a go, thanks.