Leaves!

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Played last week when a nine hole comp was on. I never entered the comp, slow play, mud areas around the greens and frozen greens. Not my cuppa tea. Anyway, one our front nine, there's a few holes that are lined with oak trees that are hundreds of years old. A PP lost his ball 2 yds off the fairway, he was not happy. 150 yds further on another PP lost his on the same hole. Twenty mins later we were walking past the same hole and the green keepers were blowing the leaves off the fairway, 1st and 2nd cuts. PPs were livid. We know it's gotta be done, but why midway through a comp. why not day before or after. It altered the course conditions mid comp.
They will fall back down, blow back on the areas almost as quickly as they are cleared in the middle of autumn. Just the rub of the green I suppose

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
They will fall back down, blow back on the areas almost as quickly as they are cleared in the middle of autumn. Just the rub of the green I suppose
I don't think they will though Para, there's only a few holes that have leave problems. The hole in question re 2 lost balls is called zig zag. A gorgeous hole that well zig zags. From your drive it is blind RHS. No reason to think it would be lost, til you get there and it's a blanket of leaves, second shot downhill, you don't see it land and hey presto lost ball. 10 yds off the fairway it's waist high. All leaves are blown into there never to return. Me at the moment, it's just a lottery playing golf.