Leadbetter Swingsetter

redmike

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Any body tried using the David Leadbetter Swingsetter? Is it any good? Im quite new to golf, and think my problem is hinging and releasing my wrists, any ideas?
Cheers!

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi
We've got one and I think it does help a bit with the wrist stuff, BUT we found it hard work even on the 'easiest' setting - (I actually think it was the start of my elbow problems) - and it encourages you to try to hit hard - not a good way to develop an 'easy' swing. suggest you borrow or buy second hand if you want to try it
AliB

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like david leadbetter, he talks a lot of sense and deserves some serious credit for what he's done. He taught the teaching pro who coached my (ex) coach too.......
I've tried this gadget and never made any sense of it...not for me, for sure.

D L isn't going to need the cash or market something that is tosh.....he must think it works.

Dave

Golfer2112

Assistant Pro
Visit site
"D L isn't going to need the cash or market something that is tosh.....he must think it works."

He seems a pretty honourable guy but probably has very little input into the price (£80). Lots of very rich people who don't need cash do things for lots of cash (e.g. David Beckham) so the fact that he's minted doesn't mean he'll turn down a company who say "Mr Leadbetter, let's get a metal stick with two balls on it, chuck in a DVD, stick your name on it and sell it for £80. Knock off VAT and retail margin we're left with approx £35. Production is about £7 max and we'll put £10 into marketing and split what's left. That gives us £18 profit to split 50/50 between us and you David. How about it Dave???".

g_2112

Steve_V

Hacker
Visit site
I can't remember what its called but that thing that looks like you swing round the inside of a car tyre gets a lot of good press.If your swing gets off plane anywhere the club gets stuck, it seems like a good idea for grooving muscle memory for the 'correct' swing motion.