Leadbetter’s A swing

Skytot

Visit site
I’m on holiday and I’ve been YouTubing extensively 😂and came across a video explaining The A swing . Seems like the book and this swing came out about 7 or 8 years ago . Did anyone buy the book and implement the swing ? I’m off 10.8 but my ball striking is pretty poor in my opinion, I get by with a decent short game so I would be interested in peoples thoughts on this .

Captain_Black.

Visit site
No, not seen it.
But I saw James Robinson having a lesson with David Leadbetter & a follow up video.
Can't say that I was impressed tbh.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
The A swing is pretty classed as defunct these days as I understand it. I’ve got a set of his dvds previous to a swing and I never really got much out of them.

If you are off 10.8 I’d be getting proper lessons rather than a swing instruction book.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Believe Michelle Wei uses the A swing and is coached by Leadbetter. However since pushing her in that direction I think she’s gone back.
Believe it’s aimed at players who swing is too steep on the way back.
That aside I’m not a Leadbetter fan.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I wouldn’t be making swing changes based on a book.

If you think you have a problem that needs fixing. Go see a pro.

Skytot

Visit site
The A swing is pretty classed as defunct these days as I understand it. I’ve got a set of his dvds previous to a swing and I never really got much out of them.

If you are off 10.8 I’d be getting proper lessons rather than a swing instruction book.
I have a lesson once a month. Struggle with over the top . Concentrated on wedges this week which I’m not too bad at . It’s mid irons I feel as though I need to be better .

Skytot

Visit site
Believe Michelle Wei uses the A swing and is coached by Leadbetter. However since pushing her in that direction I think she’s gone back.
Believe it’s aimed at players who swing is too steep on the way back.
That aside I’m not a Leadbetter fan.
Thanks for your reply . What is it you don’t like about him ? His persona or teachings ?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I have a lesson once a month. Struggle with over the top . Concentrated on wedges this week which I’m not too bad at . It’s mid irons I feel as though I need to be better .
I strangely could’ve written that about myself 😂

I was thinking about giving the gravity fit a go.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
No, not seen it.
But I saw James Robinson having a lesson with David Leadbetter & a follow up video.
Can't say that I was impressed tbh.

To be fair, James Robinson swings a golf club like he’s culling baby seals to death with a HB pencil. His teeth are getting whiter though….

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
As far as I can remember the A swing was an anti over the top swing. If you start the swing pretty steeply then you have to shallow the club on the downswing as you can't then start the downswing coming down even more steeply, ie a bit of a reverse swing for those who come back shallow and then throw the club out "over the top" on the downswing

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Googling Gravity fit
In all fairness the best lesson I had to fix my slice was to try and get the wrist to bent similar to Johnson and rahm. In all fairness when I feel that it is really just straight and neutral but it stopped my slices and my over the top crests a left shot. It’s consistently not off right though.

My over to top stems from leaning into the ball which can be seen with my chin staying with my left shoulder into the ball. My trigger is, whilst not keeping my head still, waiting for my right shoulder to come through and hit my chin.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Bit of both to be honest, but the main reason is he seems to have a “one method fits all approach”. He seems to think that there is only one way to swing a club.
Obviously you can feel how you like, but IMO that seemed an odd comment when he became known for teaching a swing method and this thread is about an 'alternative' swing method he promotes for some players. So isn't that more than one?