Lazrus golf wedges

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I have looked at these previously, it was the import duty as they have no uk distributor that put me off, what is it that makes you think these may not conform?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Wel...the USGA link to conforming clubs, referenced in the Primeputters webpage, clearly shows Lazrus wedges included on the conforming list....maybe the poster on PrimePutters has never bothered to recheck since making the original statement.

The statement..."So, because neither of the databases show Lazrus wedges as approved, it is safe to assume that this club is not currently legal in the game of golf" is pretty tenuous at best. It could mean that the manufacturer simply hasn't submitted its clubs for approval. Just because they are not approved, doesn't automatically make them illegal though it is obviously in the manufacturers interests to submit them for approval. The primeputters website does the say..."Chances are, these clubs were not submitted, as it is highly unlikely that their actual design breaks any of the equipment regulations".

According to another part of the PrimePutter site the author accuses Lazrus of "refusing to meet the standards set up by the USGA" and claiming that the wedges feature U-shaped grooves.

The PrimePutters site has no gravitas whatsoever and posing questions such as... "When you are in the tee box, you may be pondering what club to use. With a whole bag of clubs, there are so many options to pick from. But, are you allowed to tee off with all of them? Can you tee off with a wood, hybrid, iron, or even…a putter?" belies a simplistic almost childlike approach to the matters they are trying to discuss. I personally would pay no heed to anything written on the PrimePutters website.

I'll be honest though...the GrowZania site isnt much better with comments like...

Steel flex: The wedges are the heaviest golf club in the line-up, and they have a relatively low flex rating of 25-degree to 60-degree depending on the model. This means their swinging weight will be less than other clubs on the market.

The irons are available in 4-10 inch lengths depending on your preference. This gives you plenty of flexibility to find a club that fits you right and helps you to improve your game.

Just goes to show there are some utterly awful resources out there on the web. If you search for "Lazrus wedges illegal" then the number one site returned is the PrimePutters site. Miss out the word "illegal" from your search then you get a load of far more sensible options to look at including...

Lazrus Wedge Review | Golf Monthly

:D