Launch angle

G1z1

Visit site
I am now starting to have problems with my driver and 3 wood launching too low. In the summer it was great I would get low flight shots that would run on forever but in winter it’s not so good. It’s only my driver and 3 wood I am having trouble with and there both adjusted to the highest loft setting.
I probably hit my wedges slightly too high and irons are bang on and so is my hybrid, had to turn the loft setting back down on my hybrid. Any ideas what could be causing the low shots ?

G1z1

Visit site
Do you know where your strike point on the face is?
On the driver it’s usually right out the middle, I am pretty consistent at hitting it out the middle but probably as others have suggested I am hitting down on it slightly but I feel as if my setup is correct. Ball inside left heel, should i maybe try placing ball on outside of my left foot ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
On the driver it’s usually right out the middle, I am pretty consistent at hitting it out the middle but probably as others have suggested I am hitting down on it slightly but I feel as if my setup is correct. Ball inside left heel, should i maybe try placing ball on outside of my left foot ?
Do you have a slight tilt of the shoulders with a driver to promote a positive AoA

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes right shoulder tilted lower than my left for all my clubs, I’ll need to get a pro to have a look a think.
I have the same issue, I deliver zero degrees but I improve with a tilted shoulder set up and head and hands behind the ball … you can use the bulge and roll of the driver face but this is not ideal.
You might find you leave it out to the right initially but just keep working on it … find the position and get comfortable. What really helped me was Todd Graves single plane stuff, but it was more about setting to the ideal impact position and returning to it ..
But lessons are quicker ??