Lates govt guidelines

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Me and a friend are meant to be going to play Conwy golf club in October, does anyone know the rule about travelling in a car together?????

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I can't travel from Monmouthshire into Newport (Metropolitan Borough) to get get the golf course.

Clubs are hastily arranging reciprocal arrangements for members to play alternative venues.

Luckily I have St Pierre down the hill and Rolls or Ross up the road.

Or its more fishing for the foreseeable

Last edited:

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
Can't share a car in Scotland

Is this official? I heard Nicola say they were “advising against” car sharing, which suggested to me that it was not banned... I can’t find any confirmation of the exact rules though, I’ll bow to greater local knowledge if you have specifics.

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
Is this official? I heard Nicola say they were “advising against” car sharing, which suggested to me that it was not banned... I can’t find any confirmation of the exact rules though, I’ll bow to greater local knowledge if you have specifics.

In case anyone sees this - seems car sharing is allowed in Scotland but only if you have “no other option” (I guess after Barnard Castle that is open to interpretation)

Car sharing and giving lifts
You should try not to share a car with those outside your household or extended household. If you have no other option, you should follow the safe travel guidance at the Transport Scotland website.

From https://www.gov.scot/publications/c...t-you-can-and-cannot-do/pages/getting-around/

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have been verbally advised

The clubhouse

Masks to be worn until you sit at a table and it is table service only. Serving staff to wear visors.

We still have the same rules for where and how many be sat at one table.

Going to be interesting when one round is being bought for multiple tables.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have been verbally advised

The clubhouse

Masks to be worn until you sit at a table and it is table service only. Serving staff to wear visors.

We still have the same rules for where and how many be sat at one table.

Going to be interesting when one round is being bought for multiple tables.

We've been wearing masks throughout the club until we get seated. We've had to go to the bar before (staff were in visors) and not sure how table service we work especially at busy times at weekends. I think we'll just need to be patient (won't come easy to some)

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Table service at ours and only 2 at a table with tables spread out since club re-opened.
We have had more strict regimes in Scotland throughout that clearly haven't worked!

Gowferdee

Visit site
From another thread -
A word of caution - our pro today informed us that all visitor bookings are to be cancelled after Friday as are opens. Maybe part of the Lancashire local lockdown but will probably be extended in due course.