Lady

Mandy

Hacker
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to golf and have had 5 lessons so far. I have got a couple of sets of clubs that are (I'm told) no good for me. One set are "Maruman Sole - Conductor 31EX" all except the 2 iron, which are blades(?) and I'd have trouble hitting with. The other are "Pinseeker World Tour - HBS Aldridge" 4-P which are too long for me. (I'm just over 5ft!) (Also a rogue Keno 5 iron?)

I also have 2 Donnay Ti evolution - No 5, 21' and 9, 27' clubs, Macgregor 'Jumbo' no 1, 11' club and "Grand Titanium" AL/Ti alloy no 1, 9' club.

So can any one help me with what sort of clubs I should be looking for, for someone of 5ft, I'm on a very tight budget so can't afford a new set.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Mandy

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Hi Mandy and welcome to the forum!!

As you said you are on a tight budget I found these on ebay which whilst not setting the world alight for their quality, the fact they are only £70 and a full set designed for women and are 1" shorter than standard means that they will be 110% more suited to you than any of the kit you listed!

Either these, or go to American Golf or somewhere like that and try and pick up a better quality 2nd hand set!

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Another option which doesn't get mentioned too often here, ( although someone has a mate that did it ). Buy clubs individually, and work up to a full set.

Go to a local pro, or maybe even JJB, where you can try the club,( even if it is only in a net ).

Find out which sets they can sell the clubs individually, and have a swing with them.

The advantage of going to a pro, especially one that you get on with, is that he ( sexist assumption ) should be willing to give you good advice on the hope that when you need lessons, you'll be talking to him, anyway.

I know down my local 9 hole muni course, they sell Skymax cluubs individually, and at JJB I think they sell some of their Slazenger kit individually, too.

You don't need a full set to start with, maybe just a 3W, 5I 7I 9I SW and putter will get you started, then you can top up with other clubs as you can afford it.

Just make sure they're current model, and will be around long enough for you.

Mandy

Hacker
Visit site
Thank you for the advice. I like the set on ebay but will have a look at the local sport shop and at the range I go to first, see what single ones they have.

Guess I'll be getting rid of the clubs I have then!! :)

Thanks again guys!

M

CoachTony

Visit site
Where did you get your current clubs from? You could try putting them on the for sale part of this forum perhaps, or ebay them!