Labour gets a kicking- why?

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Exactly with you on this basher.

I have people in the extended family who vote for labour for no other reason than that their dads voted labour because they are the party of the working man allegedly. They do not have the indpependance of thought to actually consider an alternative vote.

I for one will vote for whoever will do the best for this country, in my eyes that is the conservatives.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
To be honest Labour are bad, but the Tories where even worse, there is not a single party in this country who represents the working people.

In 8-10 years time we will be having the same coversation about how the Tories have ruined this country, the voter in this country has such a forgetful mind and all the taxation labour have put apon the working man will soon be forgotten.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't these people listen to the general public? Saying that, do any mainstream politicians listen?

What other country treats illegal immigrants, economic migrants and asylum seekers better than it's own inhabitants?

basher, they 'listen' to the general public only when there is an election in the offing. Thereafter, their electorate will be lucky to come fifth in their order of priorities after, themselves, their party, anyone (preferably foreign) with a big cheque book, any other (preferably foreign) interest.

oh, and can anyone find a definition of democracy that includes the word 'party'? I always naively believed that the definition was:
'of the people, by the people. for the people'

. . . and in what part of democracy is the whip system?

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
I'm embarrassed to admit I voted Tory this time around, for the first, and I hope last time.

My vote was based on (I imagine forlorn) hope that they are the only remaining hope of the driver.

Look at Bury council, Labour have lost control there for the first time since Old Tom first picked up a club, and London fell on the back of Ken's appaling transport policy.

Being near to Manchester, the mere thought of having to pay that congestion charge even as little as once a month, was a step too far for me.

I'm not interested in back door rip off taxation of the motorist dressed up as global warming guff tyvm. I need my car, I pay a fortune as it is, and I'm not going to stop using it so that I can take four times as long to get to my destination.

We need a "Car" Party in this country.

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm no political expert ( maybe that qualifies me a possibel future politician ) , but Gordon Brown wasn't even voted in by the public. He got it by default .

Yesterday , over the news airwaves , Labour were crowing that they had saved everybody money by ditching the plans on the 'bin' tax , the new tax that was going to be linked to the amount of household rubbish everyone threw away. How can they say that scrapping this is good for the public when they havn't actually introduced it ???

Its like them saying " From next April , we're gonna raise income tax to 30% ".......and then in December saying " We've decided against raising income tax. Aren't we a good party "

If he wants to get people back on his side wih one decision.....Cut fuel tax by 15/20% . PUT MONEY BACK INTO PEOPLES POCKETS !!! ( sorry for shouting that last bit )

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
I'm no political expert ( maybe that qualifies me a possibel future politician ) , but Gordon Brown wasn't even voted in by the public. He got it by default .
The public don't vote for the Prime Minister, the party winning/in power decides the PM. Not sure why this gets brought up so much, I think it's just because Brown isn't particularly (at all?) likeable, that rather than just come out and say so, people hide behind "we didn't vote for him".

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
strange to say but That B******d Brown (as he is refered to locally) has not been as bad as I thought he might. This is not to say that he has not been an unmitigated disaster but I had fears of his being even worse!
Blurr, I had always thought, dearly wished he had the b*lls to do a Cromwell, Brown I saw as all his generals rolled up into one really nasty lump.