Kent Plane crash

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wow, just seen on the news a plane has crashed in kent, literally into someones house, luckily the family was on holiday. No survivers in plane though. Such a shame. Girl on T.V giving interview said pilots waved to kids on field telling them to move out of way. Bizarre.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Since I married we've never moved more than 5 miles from Biggin Hill airport.

I've lost count of the number of crashes of incoming and outgoing air traffic there and those when taking part in the air shows. Sometimes you hear the noise and immediately know what has happened and other times like today, you hear an unusual noise and think nothing of it until a few minutes later you hear the incessant noise of the various emergency services in the distance and you know that another crash has happened.

Whilst all are obviously bad for all involved, I think that the air show crashes are probably the worst as there are thousands of people watching them happen. One that I fortunately didn't hear or see involved a parachutist coming down and a helicopter going up ...........

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was in blackpool a good few years ago and seen a pilot bale out of a fighter jet over the sea. That wasnt very nice.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I grew up on the Yorkshire dales and got used to having Tornadoes blasting away at 150m above you. Shame about the people onboard I have always thought a plane crash was a horrid way to go.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've done crash guard on a few. Never forget the first one - a Scimitar clipped a hill on the way down which threw it up through power lines; it blew with the pilot still onboard. Left a debris trail about a mile long and 3/4 mile wide.

We were sent over to guard the wreckage (they hadn't found the pilot at that stage) for the air investigation team. The local pc had caught someone trying to walk off with the deckhook within minutes of it happening on the grounds that 'he didn't think anyone would want it'

We were FAA apprentices, all 16 or 17. The pc told the landlord at the pub to forget our ages. No-one abused it and got drunk; the landlord handed out more than a few on the house.

By the following morning (this happened late afternoon) the local coach companies were running trips out to the crash site. Since the pilot was 'one of ours', needless to say we were less than polite.