Kent or South East mini meet?

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would anyone be up for a mini meet in Kent or the South East?

I've seen adverts for the London club for £75 with breakfast, 18 holes, main meal, free gift and inclusive range balls?
Or The Shire for for a similar deal for £40 each if we get 12 people.

We could go to Princes again? or any other suggestions?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The London Club could be good so long as we do it after a dry spell as it is inclined to stay wet and be closed

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You would probably be better off nearer the coast as a lot of courses north of the Downs, including places like East Sussex National, suffer in the wet weather.

Moquillo19

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We played London club last march and to be honest I've never seen a course with so much water on it. As we walked along the trollies were creating waves on the fairways. I know the weather isn't their fault but it was a total waste of money. We couldn't believe it was open. I think you can get on Royal St George's in February for about the same money.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok so look like we have good interest in a winter links meet, or at least a club that isn't going to be a muddy field.

I've had a quick look and St Georges is from £95 for their winter society package and Cinque Ports is £65 for a winter green fee. There is also Princes and you can get a nights stay, 2 rounds, diner and breakfast for £110 at the moment.

If the general feeling is that it'll be one of these courses I can look into it further?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Littlestone do a winter fourball rate of £160, includes soup and a roll. £50 normal winter rate. Never played the course but heard good things.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes it's a nice course, but no where the standard of Princes, let alone RSG or RCP. I'd be happy to play there again though if the lower price meant more of turnout. The course to get onto would be Rye but it's members invite only.