Kendal area courses

Gowferdee

Visit site
Down in Kendal next week, looking to play 3 courses, any recommendations? Looking at Cars Green, Windermere, Sedbergh...thanks

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Silloth is easily the best but prices have increased to £65, still good value.

Whilst bias Ulverston is in very good condition at present with greens first class. Sedburgh 9 holes x2. Windermere, great views, tight, with fairways criss crossing. Kirkby Lonsdale very good, pleasant market town. Carus Green, new modern clubhouse, flattish. avoid Kendal.

Lancaster is well worth a visit, class, Heysham quite long and flat. if you are “ coming down” Carlisle is an excellent track. Some are not taking visitors at present.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Appleby is great, really enjoyed it years ago and keen to go back
Appleby is great but wholly weather dependant.

I'm sure that I read somewhere that they expect summer to be on the 16th July this year, but of course you can't really rely on forecasts.........it might not happen at all.

Boomy

Visit site
Appleby is great but wholly weather dependant.

I'm sure that I read somewhere that they expect summer to be on the 16th July this year, but of course you can't really rely on forecasts.........it might not happen at all.

All golf courses in the UK are weather dependant. Just more of a challenge with a bit of wind and/or rain (and with the right kit on!)

Boomy

Visit site
It all depends how much you do or don’t want to travel I’d say! 100% Silloth, unrivalled, but I’m biased.. it’s also a long drive from Kendal. Penrith is well worth a visit, again I’m biased but it is also a drive away. Lancaster is also well worth a visit, but again a drive away, Appleby the same. To keep it more local to Kendal I’ve played and would recommend: Kirkby Lonsdale, Silverdale, Carus Green and Windermere (the greens are awesome)

Gowferdee

Visit site
thanks i'll keep silloth for another trip - will try kirby lonsdale and carus green and maybe windermere or penrith, will check golf now prices.

The Lion

Visit site
thanks i'll keep silloth for another trip - will try kirby lonsdale and carus green and maybe windermere or penrith, will check golf now prices.

Appleby is only 45 mins from Kendal, and the drive is lovely, especially if you go through the Howgill Fells - either by motorway or back road. It’s a cracking course, very natural, undiscovered and unspoilt! So if you’re in that part of the world, it’s a must.

As for Silloth, it’s only 1h 20 from Kendal, and it’s honestly one of the best value courses around. That £65 gets you an entire day - you can play three times if you like! It’ll only be more expensive in future. Plus the gorse is in bloom right now, and it looks lovely!

As for Windermere, it’s also brilliant and strongly recommended, so I echo others in saying do it! Add your local moorland course Kendal and that’s a cracking golf trip.

Lastly, Furness GC is a decent links and is only 50 mins away, as is the fun 10-holer (yes, indeed!) links of Dunnerholme. I’d add Seascale too, but that’s a bit further at 1h 20.

D

Deleted member 3432

Appleby is only 45 mins from Kendal, and the drive is lovely, especially if you go through the Howgill Fells - either by motorway or back road. It’s a cracking course, very natural, undiscovered and unspoilt! So if you’re in that part of the world, it’s a must.

As for Silloth, it’s only 1h 20 from Kendal, and it’s honestly one of the best value courses around. That £65 gets you an entire day - you can play three times if you like! It’ll only be more expensive in future. Plus the gorse is in bloom right now, and it looks lovely!

As for Windermere, it’s also brilliant and strongly recommended, so I echo others in saying do it! Add your local moorland course Kendal and that’s a cracking golf trip.

Lastly, Furness GC is a decent links and is only 50 mins away, as is the fun 10-holer (yes, indeed!) links of Dunnerholme. I’d add Seascale too, but that’s a bit further at 1h 20.

Seascale not too good at the moment if you don't like snakes. Appears the adder population has enjoyed locked and they are everywhere.
Work colleague who is a member says he has seen them in areas of the course where he has not seen them before and they are common on the fairways at present.

D

Deleted member 21258

I really liked the variety and layout of Kirby Lonsdale. Saw deer running across the fairways. Must get back there, on my replay list.

Kendal is differently interesting and great views.

Seascale again some different holes, links, very friendly and well worth playing.

Silloth a links, friendly, a must play if you like links and in the area.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seascale not too good at the moment if you don't like snakes. Appears the adder population has enjoyed locked and they are everywhere.
Work colleague who is a member says he has seen them in areas of the course where he has not seen them before and they are common on the fairways at present
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: No, no, no x 100.

Boomy

Visit site
Work colleague who is a member says he has seen them in areas of the course where he has not seen them before and they are common on the fairways at present.

It’s a no from me with the amount of time I’m spending in the rough at the moment ?

Last edited: