KBS tour shafts

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been after new irons but I really hate clunky shovels that are GI clubs. I know I'm still not good enough for pure blades yet and I hit the ball with a lowish draw (not worm botherers but not ballooning by any means). I really want a bit more height so with that in mind I'm getting the DG SL shafts pulled from my mizzy mx25's which are low launch and I have been recommended KBS tour shafts by a good club maker who says he can tip them a bit softer for me these will give me more launch from my heads. Thoughts anyone before I commit.

T

thecraw

Project X Flighted which will give you more height in the lower bats and less height in the short bats.

Nippon.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks Craw but I'm looking for more height through the set ideally, plus the kbs are more of a swingers shaft the project x's are more for stronger hitters apparently.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
KBS feel smooth but are decently stout. Very different from Nippons. They play a tad firmer than TT DG. A decent clubmaker can soft step them once or twice to take a bit of stiffness off if you fall between flexes.

I have a set of KBS stiff in my MP68s and like them a lot.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
get somewhere with the Mizzie DNA kit. The KBS is I think one of the option shafts so get it put in a similar head and try it.

The KBS was one of the options for me but it felt like hitting a poker. (tried it in a JPX)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Got KBS tour 90s in stiff in my Adams CB2s. They feel a bit light to me, and are quite stiff. Have previously had TTDG R300s, and also S300s. They play more like the S300s. Whilst I don't particularly need stiff shafts, most of my clubs are fitted with stiff, as I prefer the feel when swinging them. I do have to 'lean' on the longer irons to get them to go though.

One point worth considering. I find these shafts very fragile (I am a bit prone to club abuse), and it took ages to get a spare shaft for my 8i. That said, next time I would go somewhere else to get it done.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any 90 gram shaft will feel pretty light compared to a TT DG R or S300. KBS are also counterbalanced, so they play about 2 swingweight points lighter again.

They were developed by the same guy who designed Project X. Some people say they are PX with feel.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I liked them in my r9tp. U can def tell the diff between them and the tt. S300. They felt a bit more whippy to me but that maybe just me. If your in control and swinging well they feel super smooth and i always felt like i was in control.

Soco11

Club Champion
Visit site
Anything like the Dynalite Golds or Dynamic Gold "SL" will automatically give you a higher ball flight. I tried all of these shafts in the Mizuno DNA fitting cart and there are no upgrade costs for any of their shafts, although you were only looking at replacing your old shafts

Screwback

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have KBS shafts in my s57s and love them, i could not deal with the project xs as they ballooned to high whereas the KBS get a good height with a powerful flight.