K.J Choi + Pendulum Putting. Wrong just plain Wrong

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Makes perfect sense to me provided the putter is set up correctly. Didn't see how Choi performed with it though, any good?

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
that does look strange! at first i thought there was a rule against putting like this, but i think it's only illegal if you swing the club between your legs.

so much more to go wrong with that style than standard putting.

T

thecraw

Choi, another player who's back to his roots and back with Ping!

Interesting choice of putting, even I've not tried that yet, nor will I any time soon!

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As long as the putter was accelerated through the ball and not pulled then it should be OK.

Is it legal though??

I think the only rule is that you can't stand astride the line of the putt but I could be wrong.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think the only rule is that you can't stand astride the line of the putt but I could be wrong.

That's my understanding. You can't be ON or ASTRIDE the line.

If you stand astride and putt the ball back into the hole (a tiddler) as a tap in, the line ends at the hole. Therefore, as long as your feet aren't on the far side (ball side) of the hole when you hit it, you can legally do a sort of croquet-style putt....

is that right? :eek:

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Weird, but if it works...

Putting's got to be the one stroke with the most variations on style. Regular grip, reversed grip, hands together, long-handled putters, and now this.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
There was a guy playing in the Trilby Tour on Monday who putted with one foot behind the other. Looked really weird but he was, apparantly, a very good putter.
He knocked one in from about 10 feet on the last for a birdie so it must work for him