Just booked our 1st tee time

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. We just came back from our 2nd round. The end result is exactly the same score, but in a total different way.

After our lesson on Tuesday we were supposed to work on our posture. On Friday I went back to the range and nothing did fly, on Saturday I was OK again, so I went onto the 1st tee wit the 'new swing'. 7i just about 4y short of the green, but lie in the rough. Another 3 bloody strokes to get it onto the green from there. The new swing does not lend itself to my chipping yet, which last week was my good play. Double put for a +6. So much enthusiasm after the 'drive', all killed within 1 minute or so.

I managed 3 holes I am happy with where I scored a 4. The long 6th one I mishit with the 10 degree hybrid, then the 6i just shorts of the green, chip and 1 put for a bogey. The 7th hole with an 7i just left of the green, chip OK just a little long and 2 put for a 4, and the 9th hole with a left drive again, chip just short of the green but over a bunker, then the pitch close to flag and another 1 put for a 4.
They are all on the 'far' side out of view. Maybe it is nerves. Or I need a bit to get going. A couple of 3 puts, 1 was real unlucky.

Once our block of lessons is over we will get ourselves specific lessons and hit the academy course.

What was really pleasant today is that at no point we had someone behind us. Th group 2 ahead was quite slow, and so we and the ones ahead just matched that. A bit over 2 hours, so we aren't the slowest out there.

And it was warm enough to play in a jumper. I can't swing in my jacket.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. We just came back from our 2nd round. The end result is exactly the same score, but in a total different way.

After our lesson on Tuesday we were supposed to work on our posture. On Friday I went back to the range and nothing did fly, on Saturday I was OK again, so I went onto the 1st tee wit the 'new swing'. 7i just about 4y short of the green, but lie in the rough. Another 3 bloody strokes to get it onto the green from there. The new swing does not lend itself to my chipping yet, which last week was my good play. Double put for a +6. So much enthusiasm after the 'drive', all killed within 1 minute or so.

I managed 3 holes I am happy with where I scored a 4. The long 6th one I mishit with the 10 degree hybrid, then the 6i just shorts of the green, chip and 1 put for a bogey. The 7th hole with an 7i just left of the green, chip OK just a little long and 2 put for a 4, and the 9th hole with a left drive again, chip just short of the green but over a bunker, then the pitch close to flag and another 1 put for a 4.
They are all on the 'far' side out of view. Maybe it is nerves. Or I need a bit to get going. A couple of 3 puts, 1 was real unlucky.

Once our block of lessons is over we will get ourselves specific lessons and hit the academy course.

What was really pleasant today is that at no point we had someone behind us. Th group 2 ahead was quite slow, and so we and the ones ahead just matched that. A bit over 2 hours, so we aren't the slowest out there.

And it was warm enough to play in a jumper. I can't swing in my jacket.

Good stuff - but keep your expectation in check - this suggest they may be running ahead of your game, golf is very difficult to start with. Even after 40yrs playing I can do what you did there - that's golf. Don't get wound up by these things and keep your expectations realistic.