Just a caddie?

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
http://www.skysports.com/golf/us-masters/story/0,22669,14495_3427759,00.html

Just read this article about Tigers caddie taking his cap of at the masters, People really don’t have much respect for caddies do they?

“Some of these people forget they're just a caddie”

I feel in the modern game a caddy is a big part of a players success, you see players use caddies to line up puts, relax them after a bad shot, control the crowd for the, keep clubs dry etc

I bet this “just a caddie” is earning mega bucks to!

ball_basher

Assistant Pro
Visit site
my guess is this anonymous caddie is a very jealous kinda guy , if he was really that bothered about it all he would tell every body who he is , i understand that rules are to be adhered to ..... so has this anonymous caddie never broken a rule in his life ? , because that is the way he is putting himself across, the soft arsed get should be named and shamed ...

shame on that stupid caddie is what i say ,

Medal Winner
Visit site
i read williams is the highest paid sportsman in newzeland.
He is not a sportman, hes a minder,bag humper,tiger
makes his own mind up and does not need eny advice off
williams.Williams should obay the rules just the same
as the rest of the caddies.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
3636, i would imagine tigers caddy could make a reasonable living out of golf even if he wasn't on the pro tour. Most of these guys caddies are scratch golfers.

Medal Winner
Visit site
hello minty 18 hes a caddie and should obay the rules
the same as the rest of the caddies.There not all
low h/c golfers.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
If Caddies can't take off their hats for a good reason if they wish....I'd say that was a bit stuffy.
I went to a posh dinner once and removed my jacket before the coffee malarky. I was told off by a senior diner and explained I was unhealthily hot and uncomfortable. If he objected so much, he could ask the host to speak with me (either directly or through him) and I would either re-dress or go outside for long enough to cool down. Nothing happened?????

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If it was someone else, I would put it down to Augusta stuffiness. However, Williams is a thoroughly unpleasant individual with a tendency towards the disrespectful at the best of times, so I suspect this was the tip of the iceberg on his behaviour.

Let's face it, his boss hardly goes out of his way to make friends. Williams manages to take it even further and actively seeks to intimidate and aggress others.

However, classing him as a sportsman is beyond the pale...

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Hey, it wasn’t all that long ago that all caddies at the masters had to be Black. The masters as a golf spectacle is amazing but some of the traditions…….well.

For years the bosses at my work had their own wee room to have lunch, they also had their own car park. Not now, but I wonder if the same guys that run the masters pay my wages.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
However, Williams is a thoroughly unpleasant individual with a tendency towards the disrespectful at the best of times, so I suspect this was the tip of the iceberg on his behaviour.

If this is true, I guess he's running out of slack.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hey, it wasn’t all that long ago that all caddies at the masters had to be Black. The masters as a golf spectacle is amazing but some of the traditions…….well.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is this for real? I am a Sports Sociologist and would love some more information on this Tom021, It would be a great example to use in lectures etc........

I cant work out how to quotes and write separately in the same message, hence two separate messages.

Any information on this topic will be most gratefully appreciated.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think I'm with hippy' in that whoever the anonymous 'caddy' was he is a very jealous/bitter man. Could be that he's a local caddy who didn't get to carry, so no paycheck or one who didn't make the cut.

OK so Williams broke a rule, I don't know much about the guy but I'm prepared to give him a break, maybe he doesn't normally wear a hat so was uncomfortable. Lugging those overgrown bags around would make anyone hot and sweaty.

I'm more concerned with the anonimity offered to someone prepared to dish some dirt, from a safe distance, when the only part we know to be true is that Williams took his hat off and was reminded that he was obliged to wear it. Other than that, one 'caddy' (and we don't know that to be true) claims that the others were resentful.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Is this for real? I am a Sports Sociologist and would love some more information on this Tom021, It would be a great example to use in lectures etc........

I cant work out how to quotes and write separately in the same message, hence two separate messages.

Any information on this topic will be most gratefully appreciated.

It took them a while to invite a black player never mind the black caddies. http://www.civilrights.uga.edu/bibliographies/augusta/golf_tournaments.htm
Google it and you'll find much more.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah, he could have a valid reason for it!

Not saying he has but would be nice to know before we all judge and condemn!