Junior problems

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I would certainly bang the drum at your own club for a bit longer and at least give them the chance. Clearly if they are putting on junior coaching sessions, there is at least the acknowledgement that junior golfers is one of the best ways to go about increasing participation.

That said, there is a big big advantage to having a second course and that is that juniors will be able to play at any time. Even with the best will in the world, a junior isn't going to get to play on a Saturday (and some Sundays) before early to mid-afternoon (short of them being a 10 handicap). So I guess if you want to go and play with your son on a Saturday morning then your current course isn't going to manage that until he is of age.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
as he develops, I think involvement with other youngsters is critical. If the other place has a good junior set up (and it sounds like it does) then I'd definitely look to join him there.

Could he get the best of both worlds and have 2 places to play at? one with you and one with other juniors.

That would potentially give him everything he needs to enjoy the game and develop

Think this is the way forward. My friend (the pro) has a constant battle with the committee over this as well as other issues